I did the big chop...

Lorraine

Okay, that's not right. Sorry for the tease. I did the big trim but it feels like I did the big chop. My hair had reached a little past my bra strap but while it was long I still wasn't pleased with the lack of thickness so I trimmed a few inches off (2 to be exact). I spent the entire weekend in a funk :( but I know it will be worth it, especially after I viewed how fast ArmyQT's hair grew after her deep trim. We shall see. :ohwell: Just thought I would share in case you ladies experienced the same thing -- trimming after reaching your long-awaited goal. Photos in my album.

My next goal -- mid back! :p

monister

Your hair still looks nice though.... it'll grow back in no time I'm sure... you've done it before so u know it can be done...

Monister

mrslee

Love yourself first!
Lorraine said:
Okay, that's not right. Sorry for the tease. I did the big trim but it feels like I did the big chop. My hair had reached a little past my bra strap but while it was long I still wasn't pleased with the lack of thickness so I trimmed a few inches off (2 to be exact). I spent the entire weekend in a funk :( but I know it will be worth it, especially after I viewed how fast ArmyQT's hair grew after her deep trim. We shall see. :ohwell: Just thought I would share in case you ladies experienced the same thing -- trimming after reaching your long-awaited goal. Photos in my album.

It will be worth it!! I had a trim last week. The stylist told me she trimmed 1/2 inch, but I think it was more like an inch! I felt sad also, but hope it will make a difference in the long run. The one thing that did bring a smile to my face is all the new growth I have! :)

so1913

Lorraine said:

Ha ha! You should have SEEN my face when I read the title and the name under it!

As always, looks great! It will be back before you know it, better than ever!

KAddy

Don't scare me like that. I literally said WHAT? out loud.

Your hair looks great Lorraine. I am sure it will be back in no time.

mytia

SuperWoman!
so1913 said:
Ha ha! You should have SEEN my face when I read the title and the name under it!

As always, looks great! It will be back before you know it, better than ever!

We probably had the same reaction my mouth dropped when I saw the thread and the name. Your hair is still beautiful and you'll have your two inches back in no time.

luv04

i had a trim not too long ago and i was so happy by the results to see that my ends were in good condition.so you'll defint. reap tha benefits of growing healthy hair with this deep trim.

Armyqt

Lorraine said:

Girl don't play like that. lol! I was like WTH??, I didn't even know she was transitioning. You almost stopped my heart. :lol: You hair is still long and pretty. And you will probably be happier with your hair now that you've cut a few inches. Now onward to healthier hair and growth :cheers:

Tai

You almost gave me a stroke, Lorraine. :spank: I thought you had BC'd all your beautiful hair. The cut is lovely and your hair looks beautiful as always. :yep:

Allandra

Lorraine said:

Now you KNOW you can't go around teasing us like that. You know I owe you one :fishslap: Ok. I'm done now. :lol:

Lorraine

Bad Lorraine! I know I was wrong for the subject line. :lol: I couldn't help it. My fiance didn't even notice a big difference and he's a fanatic about hair. So that's reassuring. I, too hope it will grow back rather quickly. I'm at my desk now surrounded by some hair vitamins, Atkins protein shakes, and a ruler!

webby

Think Slim
Lorraine, big trims can be just as devastating as big cuts LOL...

Your hair looks so healthy and even. If you trimmed yourself, looks like you did a really good job :up:

aqualung

Lorraine said:
I'm at my desk now surrounded by some hair vitamins, Atkins protein shakes, and a ruler!
Looking good Lorraine. It's a very clean style.

I'm getting a couple inches taken off next touchup (in about 9 weeks). The shampoo girl really snatched me baldedheaded last touchup. The ends are visibly thinner. :mad:

Between now and then, I'm bunning, loading up on protein, and trying out Nioxin Follicle Booster.

No vitamins though. I'm enjoying the VERY CLEAR skin I've had since quitting biotin 2 weeks ago.

Melaninme

monister said:
Your hair still looks nice though.... it'll grow back in no time I'm sure... you've done it before so u know it can be done...

Monister

I agree! I'm living proof!

Your hair is beautiful!

kombov_dymond

I came in here like: NOOOOO!

I like it Lorraine. Your hair grows in leaps and bounds. I love your color and I know your ends are gonna be tight when you reach your goal. Good Luck!

Chaya

Lorraine said:
Bad Lorraine! I know I was wrong for the subject line. :lol: I couldn't help it. My fiance didn't even notice a big difference and he's a fanatic about hair. So that's reassuring. I, too hope it will grow back rather quickly. I'm at my desk now surrounded by some hair vitamins, Atkins protein shakes, and a ruler!
Hey girl! I know how you feel! 2 inches may seem like small potatoes to our men but it means a world of difference to us!!! I remember when I got my last trim and my trusty stylist lopped off 1.5-2inches. Although I needed it, I was still pissed off. Anyways upon returning home, the HTB ( husband to be) did not notice any difference in length until i said something about it. Then he was like "Oh I can tell now!" My response, " What?!?!?! It DOES look shorter doesnt it?!?! If YOU notice it then she cut off too much!!' The guys can never win can they?!?

BUt It will grow back quicker than you know it. I had a big trim about 6-8 weeks ago and my hair has grown back and more. In fact, I have so much new groth I will be getting a touch uo around week 8 or 9. Hang in there girl ! You have BEAUTIFUL hair!

Cinnabuns

Wow when I first read this I thought that you were transitioning the words “BIG CHOP” threw me off completely!

Last edited: