I did the Big Chop!!! and I'm happy

MrsHouston

I decided to cut 5 to 6 inches of my hair off instead of gradually cutting them off. Mainly b/c of thinner relaxed ends. The last 3 inches of my hair were also breaking off on a regular basis and it was tooooooo much work trying to be EXTRA, EXTRA careful with them when I did my hair.

I love all my hair being thick and more healthier looking.

The pictures of the big chop are in my new fotki at:

http://public.fotki.com/mylonghaircare/my-hair-2008/

no password needed

My old fotki shows more shots of my old length, but I'm closing it soon, trying to keep everything simple these days.

http://public.fotki.com/mrshouston/

password: PUSH

SEMO

Congrats on the big chop. You've got quite a lot of natural hair already. It's very thick and pretty.

BostonMaria

Wow seems like everybody is doing the BC lately! What better time than the summer :drunk:

Congratulations on your BC!!!!

MrsHouston

Wow seems like everybody is doing the BC lately! What better time than the summer :drunk:

Congratulations on your BC!!!!

You know what, you're right. There's a "BC bug" going around:lachen:

Seriously, I think you get to a point in your hair care journey where it's more about the health of your hair and not the length. You get the health thing right and the length will follow.

PinkAngel

You know what, you're right. There's a "BC bug" going around:lachen:

Seriously, I think you get to a point in your hair care journey where it's more about the health of your hair and not the length. You get the health thing right and the length will follow.

I totally agree, I was just sick of thin ends and wanted my healthy hair back over length.

Wow, msshic! I see you chopped yours too. Running to view your album...I also did a big chop to my son's hair too for his first birthday and all.

Girl yes, that "BC bug" is definitely biting. I bet he is as cute as he can be.