I Cannot Choose just one haircare line

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I went for my touchup on Friday and my stylist told me that my hair is overconditioned. She said I'm using all the right products, but the ingredients in them probably were conflicting with each other. She advised me to choose one hair care line. I can't seem to do it :cry3:

Here is a sample of what I use:
- Queen Helene Cholesterol
- Nexxus Therappe
- Nexxus Humectress
- Aussie 3 Minute Miracle
- Aussie Leave in
- NTM Silk Touch
- Keracare Silken Seal
- Keracare Humecto
- Elasta QP Silk
- Elasta QP Mango Butter
- WGO with added Tea Tree, Jasmine, and Jojoba
- Goya Coconut Oil
- Lustrasilk Wrap Set Lotion
- Aphogee Green Tea

I don't use all of them at the same time, but just listing all of this makes me realize that I have a serious problem....can we say product junkie? Don't even get me started on my styling tools :grin:

Last edited:
Girl, you are funny. I seem to have the same problem but Ive recently decided to stick with one line (Elucence) because I feel like my hair was not reaping the full benefits with all of the different stuff I was using on it. I just rinsed my hair in the shower and followed with an acv rinse and then deep conditined. My hair feels great and I didnt have to use a bunch of different products. Well I hope this helps. Good luck with finding a particular haircare line;)

overconditioned might just mean you need to add more protein conditioners to your regime. as for ingredients conflicting with each other? i never heard that before nor does it make sense to me. I agree with her about the one hair care line idea. it makes things so much simpler.

One haircare line? I know that is something I could not bring myself to even consider at this point. I love to mix and match and use the best of everthing. Don't worry girl, I use a lot of products too. You don't even want to know how many leave-ins it takes to effectively airdry my hair and maintain it. My products delight my inner pj and as well as my hair. :lol:

Although, your collection doesn't seem the least bit excessive to me. Your stylist says your hair is overconditioned? What was the state of your hair? Mushy from too much moisture of brittle from too much protein? I'm just wondering why your stylist came to such a conclusion. :scratchch

Last edited:
That's a delimna a lot of us can probably attest too...

My hair is trippin' and it may be due to using too many different things also. I just haven't found the right line yet.

I suggest trying to find a good moisture line and a good protein line.I tried to stick to just one line and either I was getting too much moisture or too much protein. So now I rotate between 2 lines (Elucence and Keracare) every 5 days. My hair responds well to both of them.

Priestess said:
Although, your collection doesn't seem the least bit excessive to me. Your stylist says your hair is overconditioned? What was the state of your hair? Mushy from too much moisture of brittle from too much protein? I'm just wondering why your stylist came to such a conclusion. :scratchch

It may be the protein. I haven't really used much protein lately. When it feels like it needs more protein, I use the Aussie 3 Minute Reconstructer and the Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Reconstructer. Perhaps I should add more protein.

gradygirl said:
I suggest trying to find a good moisture line and a good protein line.I tried to stick to just one line and either I was getting too much moisture or too much protein. So now I rotate between 2 lines (Elucence and Keracare) every 5 days. My hair responds well to both of them.

I have never tried Elucence, so maybe I will give that a try. I like Keracare, but I did feel like it was missing a few things I love, like my elasta QP Silk and a good protein.

How do YOU think our hair feel??

I just don't see how she correlated your hair being 'overconditioned' to needing one line. Doesn't make sense...

It's okay to mix and match to find diff. things that meet your hair's need. I think you may need some protein. Are you breaking????

MizaniMami said:
How do YOU think our hair feel??

I just don't see how she correlated your hair being 'overconditioned' to needing one line. Doesn't make sense...

It's okay to mix and match to find diff. things that meet your hair's need. I think you may need some protein. Are you breaking????

My hair felt pretty good to me. It did shed a bit, but i think that was partly because I had it braided up for two weeks. I kept it moisturized with Aussie Leave-In and Aphogee Green Tea.

I just tried Keracare over the weekend, and I must say my hair LOVES it, Salon Results! Shiny and not weighed down. But I must say it is strictly for when I want to wear my hair flatironed (in my opinion), and that is where my PJ comes in.LOL..:D Dont feel bad, they all have different purposes. :D

uofmpanther said:
I have never tried Elucence, so maybe I will give that a try. I like Keracare, but I did feel like it was missing a few things I love, like my elasta QP Silk and a good protein.
The only things I use in the Keracare line is the Hydrating shampoo, Humecto, Silken Seal, and Essential oils. I can do without the other stuff. I don't see anything wrong with mixing and matching as long as you get good results.

Last edited:
Back