I bought this so what can I do with it

leona2025

SO I'm in the process of using up, throwing out, or giving away all products that don't work. I've used up all my shampoos:look:.

I bought this product, but I have no clue what to do with it :lachen:. I just remember it was mentioned here before. Anyone use glycerin? How do you use it? DO you use it straight? What does it do for your hair?pure.jpg

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
LOL @ buying products and not knowing what to use it for.

Glycerin is a humectant; many people use it in their moisture spritzes for day-to-day use. You can also add it to your conditioners, as it will perform like honey.

leona2025

LOL @ buying products and not knowing what to use it for.

Glycerin is a humectant; many people use it in their moisture spritzes for day-to-day use. You can also add it to your conditioners, as it will perform like honey.

Lol I know right, lol. Thanks. See I thought you can just rub it on your hair straight like serum or oil.

ManeStreet

leona2025 said:
Lol I know right, lol. Thanks. See I thought you can just rub it on your hair straight like serum or oil.

some people do. I saw a girl on youtube flatiron with it... I dunno tho

Demi27

I mix it with water and put it in a spray bottle
I use it on my hair and on my face (homemade version of MAC's fix plus).

Shadiyah

SO I'm in the process of using up, throwing out, or giving away all products that don't work. I've used up all my shampoos:look:.

I bought this product, but I have no clue what to do with it :lachen:. I just remember it was mentioned here before. Anyone use glycerin? How do you use it? DO you use it straight? What does it do for your hair?View attachment 163235

I just want to know if I can get some of those products you giving away lol :lachen:

Iluvsmuhgrass

I looooove glycerin! You can also use it on your skin! My mom used it straight on her hands because her job caused her hands to be very dry. I like to mix it with water or rosewater and use as a moisturizer. I also like to mix it with lotion during the winter for super soft skin. I learned that trick from the ladies here. :love:

MsDes

I just want to know if I can get some of those products you giving away lol :lachen:

LMAO if that's your stash in your siggy, looks like you don't need anything. Cuz you got EVERYTHING! LOL :grin:

I have some unused glycerin myself not knowing how to use it...thanks for the suggestions ladies.

Lilmama1011

Glycerin draws the moisture from the air so it can stay moisturized. It is of no use if you live somewhere hot with no humidity because it will only drag in dry air and actually cause it to be dry. Glycerin is majority of the time in conditioners and leave ins basically things that at made to give moisture

virtuenow

I wouldn't use it straight up. It can leave a burning sensation on your skin and scalp; and it will suck your hair dry. My hair hates this stuff; but most people mix a little into a water spritz for a good moisturizer.

leona2025

Thanks everyone! I will try it in my DCs and lotions. I've been holding on to this bottle able about 2 months. I'm glad I asks before I tried it out, lol.