I asked her about her products...and she said LHCF!

cmw45

I just had to share this...I was on my way to get a copy of my official transcript today when I saw a fellow napptural with a gorgeous puff...it was thick and look well moisturised...so...I stopped her and said, "Your hair is so pretty...what products do you use?" (I usually don't ask, but she was smiling and her hair really did look great). She smiled and replied, "Thank you, actually, I get all of my hair tips from this hair board...LongHairCare..." before she could finish I said, "...forum." We both looked :eek: then :lachen: . That was the first time I ever met someone off a hairboard. Just wanted to share.

And...you know who your are...although I didn't want to call you out...you still didn't tell me what that product was. I WANT TO KNOW:grin:

yeeahhhh, "Are you a friend of Nikko?" i'mma start asking people that question. that is BRILLIANT!!!

I had a girl come up to me in the mall and ask me if I was honey_jammz, she said she noticed my hair from LHCF. I asked her her screen name and she was like I don't have one...:eek: . I didn't know what to think about it, I felt like the entire mall had seen my album, lol.

STLCoverGirl said:
I had a girl come up to me in the mall and ask me if I was honey_jammz, she said she noticed my hair from LHCF. I asked her her screen name and she was like I don't have one...:eek: . I didn't know what to think about it, I felt like the entire mall had seen my album, lol.​

Too funny!:lol:

Be careful what you say and do here ladies because you have NO CLUE who is lurking here.

STLCoverGirl said:
I had a girl come up to me in the mall and ask me if I was honey_jammz, she said she noticed my hair from LHCF. I asked her her screen name and she was like I don't have one...:eek: . I didn't know what to think about it, I felt like the entire mall had seen my album, lol.

Yeah, that would kind of freak me out, lol. You never know who's watching your hair grow! :look:

I guess that's why you changed your screenname...I was wondering about that. I'm so slow, I was like, "Oh! There's a girl who looks just like Honey!" Duh! :lol:

STLCoverGirl said:

I was getting ready to say you look like honeyjam:) . Not realizing you changed your screen name.

awwww
i wanna meet someone too
im in new york
oh wait im buggin
i did meet somebody
she goes to my school
but she didnt come up to me, she just told my friend

EbonyPerez said:
awwww
i wanna meet someone too
im in new york
oh wait im buggin
i did meet somebody
she goes to my school
but she didnt come up to me, she just told my friend

Say what? She told your friend..."Hi, I stalk your friend's." :ohwell: :look:

Well i'll be in the atl soon. so maybe some of us could "accidently" meet. Cuz I know fo sho that I won't be meetin any LHCFers in WA:look:

Glamourous said:
Aww yall didnt get to use the "Are you Nikko's cousin?" password :lachen:
ok thats cute i did not know about that :look: definetely going to use it next time i see a suspect :D

Last edited:
Someone needs to come up with a code that only Paid members and not lurkers can know. What happened to Honey sounds kind of weird/scary to me, especially since she had to change her screen name.

kweenameena said:
Well i'll be in the atl soon. so maybe some of us could "accidently" meet. Cuz I know fo sho that I won't be meetin any LHCFers in WA:look:

Awe...I got to school in NY, but I would have loved to have met you dear. If you're ever in upstate NY PM me.

OT: Your daughter is gorgeous.

nycutiepie said:
Someone needs to come up with a code that only Paid members and not lurkers can know. What happened to Honey sounds kind of weird/scary to me, especially since she had to change her screen name.

I am not sure how to take it, the girl looked nice but seemed really evasive. I just realized I had too much of my personal info online and the majority of it is associated with one screen name. I deleted some accounts and changed some stuff around, just to be thorough. I am not worried about it, just made me realize I shouldn't be soo careless.

STLCoverGirl said:
I am not sure how to take it, the girl looked nice but seemed really evasive. I just realized I had too much of my personal info online and the majority of it is associated with one screen name. I deleted some accounts and changed some stuff around, just to be thorough. I am not worried about it, just made me realize I shouldn't be soo careless.
I agree, it's quite creepy to Google your own screename and watch what happens...also why I took down my fotki (well, kinda). I'll be removing the face pics bit by bit, too. At least on other boards my name is so common Googling does no good...

STLCoverGirl said:

That's why I don't post pics of myself, and try to use different names for each board I'm on. I've had enough stalkers in my life, don't need any more! :look:

It's funny you brought this up because I had a similar moment. I was in Wal-Mart the other day in the shampoo isle and this guy came down the isle with is gf talking about this "horse grease" that was supposed to grow hair. I immediately turned into bionic ears to see if I could hear more. He said his sister told him about it. I didn't want to strike up a convo because his gf was there and very heavily pregnant.....I didn't feel like getting beat up, lol. Anyway, I can't think of anything he could be talking about besides MTG. I was stunned.

cmw45 said:
I just had to share this...I was on my way to get a copy of my official transcript today when I saw a fellow napptural with a gorgeous puff...it was thick and look well moisturised...so...I stopped her and said, "Your hair is so pretty...what products do you use?" (I usually don't ask, but she was smiling and her hair really did look great). She smiled and replied, "Thank you, actually, I get all of my hair tips from this hair board...LongHairCare..." before she could finish I said, "...forum." We both looked :eek: then :lachen: . That was the first time I ever met someone off a hairboard. Just wanted to share.

And...you know who your are...although I didn't want to call you out...you still didn't tell me what that product was. I WANT TO KNOW:grin:

This is actually a really good solution for people who get asked about their hair care and dont want to see folx eyes glaze over when talking about products and regimens. Tell them you get all your tips from a hairboard and leave it up to them to pursue it. You can also tell them to google long hair care or long black hair care. We will come up as number one or two, plus they will find other resources.

Enchantmt said:
This is actually a really good solution for people who get asked about their hair care and dont want to see folx eyes glaze over when talking about products and regimens. Tell them you get all your tips from a hairboard and leave it up to them to pursue it. You can also tell them to google long hair care or long black hair care. We will come up as number one or two, plus they will find other resources.

This is a good idea, I had a lady stop me in the parking lot of Walmart and asked me about my products. I told her Carols Daughter products and Salerm 21, she was looking at me like I was trying to play her, lol. Like I was making the stuff up to throw her off, lol...I felt really bad about it afterwards, I wish I had just given her the website!!

Ive gotten recognized on the street. I ran out of work to get lunch and when I came back I had a PM like, girl were you just on market street. I was like YESSSSS! It was cool:)

Back