I AM READY TO CUT MY HAIR

Mandy4610

Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been struggling with dandruff and I have had it. I dont know what kind of infestation is going on on my scalf, but I cant get it in check and its driving me nuts.

I need to find a solution or else Imma have to cut this hair off and take care of my scalp.

Any suggestions ladies?

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Go see your doctor, really. I have chronic dry scalp with a touch of scalp dermatitis and for years I thought my scalp was always dirty because it was flaky, but its not and it a serious problem and please don't cut your beautiful hair and go see somebody first! HTH!

SimJam

yep go to the Dr.

all my relaxed days I had flaky scalp - just assumed it was part of being relaxed. Tried nixerol T-Gel head and shoulders etc but nvr ever got it under control.

abt 2 years ago I got an Rx - cant remember the name now - and its been smooth sailing since then

Bublin

My scalp used to be thick with white stuff and felt like little creepie crawlies were running all over it.

This is now very rare because i no longer use shampoo with SLS's or Parabens.

I cnnot go longer than a week before i wash my hair and i have to shampoo twice. My favourite poo is Dr Bronner's Castile liquid soap. Its too harsh for many people but my scalp just loves it. It gets it really clean.

Now when i condition my hair i make a point of not plastering my scalp with the conditioner. Yes, product does touch it but i neve smother my scalp in conditioner.

I must add, this may be a unpopular practice but i usually lightly scrape my scalp with a comb before i shampoo just to rake up loose debris on my scalp. I have to do it otherwise shampoo'ing takes far too long.

My scalp is hereditery. My Dad and my brother both have this white scalp thing and they both say if they go too long inbetween cuts their scalp ges nuts. Of course we want to grow our hair so cutting is NOT an option - is it OP!!!?

LaFemmeNaturelle

Going to see a derm is a good idea but first I would try Bublin's suggestion of not letting anything touch your scalp except a natural shampoo or castille soap. I've always had a dandruff issue. IDK what the cause of it was when I was a little girl but since starting my hair journey, my scalp stayed flakey, even after I washed. I stopped putting ANYTHING on my scalp but shampoo or natural oils and my scalp is no longer itchy, dry, or flaky. I make sure conditioners do not touch my scalp and shampoos that do not have sulfates (like the old CON) are a no no for my scalp as well.

hopeful

Co-signing with the ladies--get to the doctor and get a prescription. If the 1st doctor can't help you find a solution, be persistent and find one who can. You do not need to cut your hair to get this problem under control.

BillsBackerz67

ITA with the other ladies...short or long hair you will still have dandruff issues until you find the underlying cause.

glamazon386

My scalp used to be thick with white stuff and felt like little creepie crawlies were running all over it.

I cnnot go longer than a week before i wash my hair and i have to shampoo twice. My favourite poo is Dr Bronner's Castile liquid soap. Its too harsh for many people but my scalp just loves it. It gets it really clean.

Now when i condition my hair i make a point of not plastering my scalp with the conditioner. Yes, product does touch it but i neve smother my scalp in conditioner.

I must add, this may be a unpopular practice but i usually lightly scrape my scalp with a comb before i shampoo just to rake up loose debris on my scalp. I have to do it otherwise shampoo'ing takes far too long.

My scalp is hereditery. My Dad and my brother both have this white scalp thing and they both say if they go too long inbetween cuts their scalp ges nuts. Of course we want to grow our hair so cutting is NOT an option - is it OP!!!?

I used to get weird white patches in my scalp. As soon as I stopped using shampoos with SLS it went away.

OP, I would go see a dermatologist. Don't cut your hair.

Nonie

As others have said, have a doctor check you out to determine what it could be. It could be your products, your diet, eczema, dermatitis, an overly oily scalp... And cutting your hair won't stop the problem unless you know what it is so do not take any drastic measures.

Knowing when this started, and being able to see what changed in your life at that time might help. Sometimes you can develop food allergies or just have internal issues that manifest on your scalp. A long time ago, I shared solutions for dandruff from my natural remedies "bible" Prescription for Nutritional Healing. I'll see if I can find that post and give you the link to it.

ETA: Here's the discussion I was thinking of. Perhaps one of the suggestions from the contributors in it may work for you: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forum6/thread9245.html

PS: I'ma hurt you if you cut that hair. :bat:

Last edited:

alive

make sure you report back and let us know how it's coming along! I know my scalp itches when certain products come in contact with it. could you be allergic to one of your products?

Mandy4610

Thank you so much for this. Ok, cutting is not an option....but it is getting very close to it.

Co-signing with the ladies--get to the doctor and get a prescription. If the 1st doctor can't help you find a solution, be persistent and find one who can. You do not need to cut your hair to get this problem under control.
Thanks hopeful, I just wondered if it would be easier to get to my scalp and clean it better if my hair was short. In my TWA stage I never had this issue, as far as I can remember.

As others have said, have a doctor check you out to determine what it could be. It could be your products, your diet, eczema, dermatitis, an overly oily scalp... And cutting your hair won't stop the problem unless you know what it is so do not take any drastic measures.

Knowing when this started, and being able to see what changed in your life at that time might help. Sometimes you can develop food allergies or just have internal issues that manifest on your scalp. A long time ago, I shared solutions for dandruff from my natural remedies "bible" Prescription for Nutritional Healing. I'll see if I can find that post and give you the link to it.

ETA: Here's the discussion I was thinking of. Perhaps one of the suggestions from the contributors in it may work for you: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forum6/thread9245.html

PS: I'ma hurt you if you cut that hair. :bat:
Thanks for this nonie. lol. Girl I was having one of them moments.

make sure you report back and let us know how it's coming along! I know my scalp itches when certain products come in contact with it. could you be allergic to one of your products?
I hope I am not allergice to one of my products. I love all products so much.