I AM GETTING SO FRUSTRATED....

Geminigirl

Why is it EVERYTIME I go to look for some hairstyles to try on the weekend I can't find them. Most of the styles on youtube the people have longer hair than me and when I do a search on google relaxed hair comes up. I search

Cute easy natural hairstlyes
Easy natural hairstyles for short hair
Easy natural hairstyles
natural hairstlyes

What am I doing wrong?I want something sexy, different, and fabulous to show off my hair. I guess to google natural hairstyles is every black woman. I search on the boards and tons of threads come up. Most of the styles are things I already know how to do and am not looking for(wash and go, wash and go puff, blow outs, etc) Gosh I just want something cute and easy to with my hair. I done spent hours searching and I am just like *** it I am just going to not do my hair. End RANT. thanks for reading.

Geminigirl

I hate fotki if you ever been to mines I don't update it. it's too much work uploading a pic at a time. i guess I should cruise right on over there thanks.

msa

Check out www.curlynikki.com, you can get lots of ideas from the style section. And check out www.bglhonline.com because there's a bunch of style features there to get ideas from as well.

Geminigirl

Yes WAY back I searched youtube for TWA styles but...nothing. Just same old thing. I will try again. Maybe it's me. Because I am looking for something that POPS out at me and I am not getting that with anything I have ran across.

BlackMasterPiece

Here are my suggestions for styles on a TWA and I'll even include pix and tutorials:yep:

1) Straw Set

2) Comb Coils, Another Pic of Comb Coils, YouTube Tutorial of Comb Coils that Taught me to do them<--- One of my faves to do on TWA's or fro's in general such an awesome protective style and really helps in retaining growth while looking soo fly. Btw, my technique is to use a fine toothed comb and twirl here's how it comes out when I do it on my mom she's gotten amazing growth from this style:infatuated:

3) Rod Sets

4) Flat twist-out

5) Shingling with gel or Curl Activator Gel Tutorial

6) Twists, Twist-outs

I do natural hair for family and friends and honestly, I feel like short natural hair has some of the best options out there, I've had to stop doing the curly sets because its just so ridiculously time consuming once you hit a certain length but on short hair the sky's the limit in terms of styling:love3:

Oh and heres another miscellaneous Natural Style I saw on a YouTuber called AfricanExport that was just STUNNING:love: it seems it was braided on the sides with twist-outs up top.......I was like:thud: when I saw it:love2:

I hope this helped!!

Last edited:

~CurlyNikki~

Thanks for the shout out!
I have lots of TWA styles on my site, and I cosign with the rod sets, braid and twist-outs and other wet sets. One of my best girlfriends has a TWA and she rocks all of the above...she has 4a curls.

Nik

lilsparkle825

I cosign with the rod sets, flat twistouts, and braidouts. My mom has a TWA and does these all the time. If you're not afraid of the blow dryer, just blow it all out and let it hang. Also, I think frohawks are so cool -- as well as two-strand twists pinned up with nice hair accessories and half-braidouts where you cornrow the front of your hair in a design and just do a regular braidout on the back. See, all of this is giving me ideas!!!

Geminigirl

I was looking for something to do like RIGHT NOW. And not have to wait days for a set. But thanks so much. I just get bored with things. I did some twists up the sides to make a curly fro hawk thing. But I am going to be looking at these styles you all have posted because I am going to be styling my hair today.