Human Hair Cornrows

Iansan

Hi, everybody after lurking for a few months I've decided to join. Since using all the tips and products recommended on the forum, i've created a regimen for myself and as a result my hair is thriving. I'm trying to extend my relaxers for at least 12 weeks and am thinking about braids. I've had cornrows with synthetic hair in the past, but I found them to be too bulky. I was thinking about trying human hair. Has anyone ever tried that? TIA

/images/graemlins/wave.gif welcome. I havent used them myself but i have seen it done with the ends left loose and curly. As far as bulk that can be controled by the stlyist. Have you thought of just getting your hair cornrowed?

thanks for responding. my hair is thick 4A/B, relaxed and about two inches past my shoulders. i thought about using human hair, while i was attempting to do a braid out last night. the cornrows looked cool but i feel like i need more length. i'm afraid if i only braided my real hair i would end up looking like cleo from set it off!

oh yeah ummmmmmmmmmm then stick with the extensions. Human hair care should be about the same. use braid spray daily wrap up at night. i think it will work

You also can add the hair in later toward the end so it's not so bulky up top...but sounds like you just need to use less hair (synthetic)....Haven't seen human...but it's probaby cute too.

[ QUOTE ]
msportugal said: Have you thought of just getting your hair cornrowed?

[/ QUOTE ]

You read my mind Mr.P. Depending on what type of human hair you get it will unravel real quick! It is possible but I think using synthetic or your own hair would hold and look better...but that's just my opinion.

Back