How to Improve Hair and Nails Through Your Diet

bajanplums1

This is more of a confirmation than new info, got it from www.ehow.com

How to Improve Hair and Nails Through Your Diet

Steps:
1. Eat high-quality protein foods. Eggs are a good source as long as you don't have cholesterol problems.
2. Eat grains, legumes, nuts and seeds.
3. Make sure your diet is composed of 50 percent fresh fruits and vegetables.
4. Add sulfur- and silicon-rich foods to diet. Onions, broccoli, fish and sea vegetables are all good sources.
5. Eat food rich in biotin, such as brewer's yeast, brown rice and soybeans.
6. Sprinkle ground flaxseed on your cereal. It provides essential fatty acids.
7. Eat foods high in B vitamins.
8. Drink tea made from alfalfa, burdock root, dandelion, and yellow dock.

DelightfulFlame

Yes, thanks for posting. I dunno what to do about my nails. They don't grow very long (maybe genetics?), but my hair grows great when I'm eating right.

Dolapo

DelightfulFlame said:
Yes, thanks for posting. I dunno what to do about my nails. They don't grow very long (maybe genetics?), but my hair grows great when I'm eating right.
Im the opposite. My nails grow very long. But my hair doesnt grow :(

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Thanks Bajanplums! You have been Miss Informer lately!! This is good to know since I am now a lacto-ovo vegetarian. My thing is these flaxseeds- don't they have to be grounded first? I heard that the seeds are not absorbed in the digestive system properly if they are not crushed. Do any of you ladies crush them?

B

ballet_bun

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Thanks Bajanplums! You have been Miss Informer lately!! This is good to know since I am now a lacto-ovo vegetarian. My thing is these flaxseeds- don't they have to be grounded first? I heard that the seeds are not absorbed in the digestive system properly if they are not crushed. Do any of you ladies crush them?[/QUOTE]

I put mine in the blender to crush them. Then I store them in the refridgerator. I usually add flax to my trail mix and then mix it with yogurt :lick: . You can also add it to oatmeal.

BAILEYSCREAM

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Thanks Bajanplums! You have been Miss Informer lately!! This is good to know since I am now a lacto-ovo vegetarian. My thing is these flaxseeds- don't they have to be grounded first? I heard that the seeds are not absorbed in the digestive system properly if they are not crushed. Do any of you ladies crush them?

I consume flaxseed oil in capsule form or the higher potency oil, which tends to be more expensive.

However, in order for your flaxseeds to be absorbed they either have to be soaked and then added to yoghurt or grounded as you stated.:)

ETA: Eating flaxseeds with yoghurt can help to prevent cancer.

Last edited: