How to get shiny hair??

goldensugar23

Ok I need shiny hair advise?My hair is long and strong with a nice thickness but I would love for it to be shinier.Right now I prepoo with coconut milk and olive oil.I shampoo with coal tar and rusk shampoo.I then deep con with silicon mix bambu mixed with Bone marrow deep con.I rinse and comb out the tangles with vo5 protein cheepee condition..or just reg.I then put in la bomba leave-in into my towel dried hair and then a little coconut oil on my ends.I 80 % air dry then blow dry with a heat protective sometimes.Then flat iron and wrap.My hair comes out good but not as shiny as i would like.I'm not a fan of serums on dry hair ..so i never put them on wet hair..maybe thats what I should do?Also I live in brick freezing NYC..so the cold isnt helping.I am protecting my ends more and seeing a change in that.I use hardly any heat during the week.

TIa

iri9109

have you ever thought about doing an ACV rinse to make the cuticle lay down before you deep condition? & also try adding honey to your DCs... what type of flat iron do you use? because that could contribute to shine too...are you relaxed or natural?

goldensugar23

have you ever thought about doing an ACV rinse to make the cuticle lay down before you deep condition? & also try adding honey to your DCs... what type of flat iron do you use? because that could contribute to shine too...are you relaxed or natural?

Hey there..ur hair is so pretty in your avatar.I'm relaxed with a mild no lye relaxer.I have used ACV b4 and you right my hair was super shiny,how often can I use it however?I drink it everyday with water..lol.I have the cortex flat iron which I lovvve!!!I will add honey as well,I add it to my face masks and tea of course.I'm glad I have all these items in my house!

iri9109

Hey there..ur hair is so pretty in your avatar.I'm relaxed with a mild no lye relaxer.I have used ACV b4 and you right my hair was super shiny,how often can I use it however?I drink it everyday with water..lol.I have the cortex flat iron which I lovvve!!!I will add honey as well,I add it to my face masks and tea of course.I'm glad I have all these items in my house!

thanks! how often do you flat iron your hair? i would just do the rinses on the same wash day before you flat iron...so 1x a week?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Oils containing ceramides like hempseed, rice bran and wheat germ have given me noticeably more shine than other oils. Henna treatments also give incredible shine :yep:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I live just outside of NYC...so I know the weather.

For me personally, it took a while to get a glossy look to my hair. But how I did it was regular use of JBCO at night and keeping my moisture balance.

shunemite

I'll never forget the first time that I got glossy hair. Me and my family could not stop staring at it. The only difference was that I used a serum on my damp hair. I had been using Motions Wrap lotion prior to that and this time I used a serum. Then I rubbed a little bit of oil. Try it, you never know you might be pleasantly surprised :)

Eiano

The only way I used to get really shiny hair was with heat.. lol. Needless to say I don't realy go for the shiny look any more, only on special occasions... I sort of get the "sheen" look through oils =)

BoaterGirlKim

Serums like Fantasia IC Hair Polisher give a nice gloss if you don't mind cones. I was on that kick for a minute but went back to good ole Kemi Oyl which gives more of a light sheen than that high-gloss look. I also use jojoba oil for a soft shine. I may go back to IC Polisher though because I'm wary of oils hardening in cold weather.

HennaRo

Doing oil rinses, castor oil, honey, henna, amla are all things that I know to help make the hair shiny. Henna and castor oil have worked great for me.

Amoreofcurls

Weekly DC's w/ Castor and Honey added ,maintaining moisture, oil rinsing, ACV rinses...all contributed in bringing out my hairs natural shine...

Cassia treatments took it to the next level!!!