how strong is phytospecific II?

Amour

Hey lovely ladies

I usually use phyto I cause I used to texturised my hair. But now I'm wanting to go proper relaxed and will therefore be using the stronger relaxer.

I however don't know how much stronger it is to the weaker one. I find phyto I to be extremely mild so wondering if II is just stronger than I but weaker than regular relaxers?

My hair is about 70-80% relaxed how long do you think I should leave the relaxer on for?

Was thinkin 25mins for NG and 15mins for length of the hair.

What you all think?

TIA

Solitude

You know, I've been wondering this myself. I like the extra texture/thickness I get with Phyto I, but I'm wondering if I can go back to bone straight with Phyto II....I know Taz uses Phyto II - maybe she can chime in.

ShiShiPooPoo

I was always able to get bone straight with II. Wonderful, wonderful relaxer.

ETA:My hair is resistant as well.

Amour

Thanks for the reply ShiShiPooPoo

Anybody else? I know there's lots of ladies here who have used phyto!

taz007

Phyto II is significantly stronger than Phyto I. I remember I tried Phyto I and left it on for about 25 minutes and my hair hardly changed!

Phyto II gets my hair straight quickly even though I mix all kinds of goodies into it and I only leave it in for15 minutes.

I think that 25 minutes for the new growth may be too long especially if you have been using Phyto I/texlaxing. I would do a patch test and leave it in for 15 minutes and go from there.

Vintageglam

^^^ Hi Taz when you say your hair hadly changed after 25 mins, do you mean that it did not loosen your hair texture or reduce shrinkage at all? The reason I ask is that my Neice is thinking of switching up to Phyto I for Texlaxing (surrently uses Soft and Beautiful). Also was that with smoothing/ back combing or just leaving it on ?

I remember using Phyto I once and having a very similar experience. I do not understand why Phyto do not do a mid level 1.5 or something? :ohwell: