how soon can I henna after a relaxer?

NYRICAN1

Hi everyone,

I just relaxed and would like to know how soon after a relaxer do you guys henna?

and how often before u saw results . I wanted to henna once a week but I am not sure if this is too much.

PureSilver

I would like to know this too. My next relaxer is on saturday and i would like to Henna soon after my relaxer.

Experts waiting to read your responses.:yep:

JLove74

you can relax and henna the same day. Somewhere in that very long "Do you henna" thread, people have talked about relaxing and hennaing the same day with no problems.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Yes I have done both the same day with good results. I relax than after pooing I than will henna and dc and style.

JLove74

Hi everyone,

I just relaxed and would like to know how soon after a relaxer do you guys henna?

and how often before u saw results . I wanted to henna once a week but I am not sure if this is too much.

Once is week isn't too much, but as a suggestions I wouldn't add any terps (such as AVC or lemon juice) as they can be very drying. You can also do a henna gloss.

Moroni

Since my hair seemed a little dry after my last relaxer, I waited for 1 week, so I could DC a bit before my next henna. I have henna'd as little as 3 days after a relaxer before with no adverse reactions, though.

BreZn

...2 wks after my rhelaxer! I do a protein trmt, than moisturizing dc until I have a good moisture balance...henna sometime can be very drying for my fine strands if I don't!

PureSilver

Thanks for posting that link with the henna mixes JLOVE, i had to bookmark the page. Thanks to the other ladies who responded too i think i'll henna a day after relaxing (cant wait to do the henna gloss) to see the results.