How Oils Benefit the Hair let's talk ladies

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
I have been reading posts after posts about oils some I understand the others I am clueless. Please explain how you use the oils and the purpose.

Alma Oil -Great for prepoo
Carrot Oil - Sealing the ends
Castor OIl - Sealing the ends
Coconut Oil - Conditioning
Jojoba Oil - Sealing the ends
Sweet Almond Oil - Sealing the ends
Monoi Oil - Unsure
Grapeseed Oil - Unsure
Olive Oil - Prepoo, Sealing the ends
Vatika Oil - Unsure
Kemi Oil - Wet Hair not sure

Radianthealth

I don't really know I have seen many things, I use a variety. I just used Olive Oil and Alma oil to "cleanse" the gunk out of my hair. It is like a waterless shampoo since I will be relaxing in 4 days. I used about 1/4 cup of Olive oil and combed it through my hair, it removed all of the buildup and flaky gunk. My hair feels really soft and healthy and I didn't have to wash it.:D

tenderheaded

Vatika oil has neem extract, a powerful antimocrobial. I use this on my scalp every other day, to keep dandruff at bay:D
Amla oil conditions and darkens the hair - I use as a pre poo and in my henna mix. It tones down the red. Mt skunk spot is so pretty!!!
coconut oil penetrates the hair and skin, and supposely protects the hair from protein loss. I use it every way I can!

AtlantaJJ

blackmaven said:
I have been reading posts after posts about oils some I understand the others I am clueless. Please explain how you use the oils and the purpose.

Alma Oil -Great for prepoo - Best Pre-Poo I've tried period, I don't even need to condition if I steam prepoo with this, I get magic moisture from this.
Carrot Oil - Sealing the ends - adds great shine too
Castor OIl - Sealing the ends - Very heavy for my hair, keeps my feathers down when I'm wearing my ponys.
Coconut Oil - Conditioning - I agree
Jojoba Oil - Sealing the ends
Sweet Almond Oil - Sealing the ends - This one is very conditioning for me also
Monoi Oil - Unsure
Grapeseed Oil - Unsure
Olive Oil - Prepoo, Sealing the ends
Vatika Oil - Unsure - Coconut like, conditioning...sealing
Kemi Oil - Wet Hair not sure
My oil experience

AtlantaJJ

Did you towel out the excess oils after you did the oil poo?

trimbride said:
I don't really know I have seen many things, I use a variety. I just used Olive Oil and Alma oil to "cleanse" the gunk out of my hair. It is like a waterless shampoo since I will be relaxing in 4 days. I used about 1/4 cup of Olive oil and combed it through my hair, it removed all of the buildup and flaky gunk. My hair feels really soft and healthy and I didn't have to wash it.:D