How Mama Dukes Regrew Hair Edges In 5 Months!

Leesh

@MsLizziA, Chile lemme find out that's your "Mother", She looks like she's no older then you! :yep:

You've done a wonderful job with your Mom's hair. It's great that she listened to you, cause for some reason, Moms tend to not take too kindly to our advice! :spinning::rolleyes:

@keepithealthy, Ima say that it shouldn't matter, being as though it all comes from the "Castor" bean, But who knows, maybe one of the ladies will chime in on this one. They may use a better quality bean, maybe not.

Last edited:

MsLizziA

Leesh

lol! nah she really does look young. This is a pic we took before she started her HHJ. Alot of people are shocked to learn she is my mother but she's only in her mid 40s

naturalagain2

I did the same for my mom. She was going bald in the middle of her head (I think due to her medication) and I suggested for her to use JBCO and gave her a bottle. When I came back to visit about 2 or 3 months later. I could no longer see her bald spot! Now my aunt uses it for her hair since she's seen how well its done for my mom.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Wow!!! Just Wow! That's amazing progress. The best I've seen ever! Congrats to your mom. I know she's beyond happy. I think I'll suggest this to my mom. I just bought emu oil in hopes of growing back my thinning edge but I may have to switch to JBCO or do a mixture. Thanks for sharing! I'm sure this will help so many people.

Guitarhero

It was you?" Man, folks can be so exxtra! Anyhoo, don't worry about Revlon Color No. 666 lol....I'm glad her hair has recovered. Did she cut the rest of her hair off tho???

Pokahontas
Is that Cholesterol you used a leave-in???

Last edited:

Solitude

Congrats on her progress!

My eyebrows have been thinning and my threader suggested castor oil. Of course, I read about castor oil and JBCO online a long time ago, but I was shocked to hear someone outside the boards suggest it.

BostonMaria

Team Mama Dukes! Congrats to her!!! That's amazing progress and I'm forwarding to a good friend who needs help in a small patch on her head that was over-processed.

Congrats on her progress!

My eyebrows have been thinning and my threader suggested castor oil. Of course, I read about castor oil and JBCO online a long time ago, but I was shocked to hear someone outside the boards suggest it.

I bought a bottle of castor oil to grow out my eyebrows. Its supposed to be good for making your eyelashes longer & thicker as well.

tarheelgurl

Ok, I'm sold on JBCO....I have thinning from meds. How do you use it? Do you have to mix it with something or use it straight up?

kab

@keepingit

I have a thread that i posted a few weeks ago on edges. I joined just to report the results of using what i had read about on this forum. I used regular castor oil with mn and hair began to grow in my thinning, see-through, and clean in some spots, temples and edges. A few months later i used jbco and it worked even better - it seemed to thicken and lengthen the new hairs. I now mix jbco with sulfur and megatek and my edges look like they did when i was a child. My temples and hairline had been damaged for over two decades. Jbco does work better than regular castor oil. :yep:

So happy for your mom mzlizzia. Hairline damage is so disheartening.

Last edited:

keepithealthy

@keepingit

I have a thread that i posted a few weeks ago on edges. I joined just to report the results of using what i had read about on this forum. I used regular castor oil with mn and hair began to grow in my thinning, see-through, and clean in some spots, temples and edges. A few months later i used jbco and it worked even better - it seemed to thicken and lengthen the new hairs. I now mix jbco with sulfur and megatek and my edges look like they did when i was a child. My temples and hairline had been damaged for over two decades. Jbco does work better than regular castor oil. :yep:

So happy for your mom mzlizzia. Hairline damage is so disheartening.

thanks. I have been using regular castor oil and the bottle is almost finished I'm going to pick up JBCO next.

beanie44

I'm happy for you Mama Dukes, I am working on my mother's temple are, I think her problem might be age she is 75 going on 39 according to her, I hope to see results by the end of this year. Thanks for the insipration.

Nonie

I'm so happy for her! So proud of both of you! Fantastic progress indeed. :notworthy

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
MsLizziA - I see you have the after pictures, but I was wondering do you have any pictures that are in better lighting like the before pics? Even though I can tell her edges filled in, the after pics are rather dark.

MsLizziA

MsLizziA - I see you have the after pictures, but I was wondering do you have any pictures that are in better lighting like the before pics? Even though I can tell her edges filled in, the after pics are rather dark.

I'd have to ask her to take some more. She took those and text them to me