How long does it take to correct porous hair?

Cayenne0622

I know...so many porous threads right now. I would like to know because today I took 2 strands of shedded hair and dropped them on top of water sitting in a bowl and they both sank almost immediately. This is after two uses of porosity control in the past week and a half. It scared me and I now believe the porous state of my hair is the true culprit behind my breakage.

Chromia

I was wondering the same thing. I used Roux Porosity Control conditioner for the first time last week and I plan to use it (or the Creme of Nature one) every week.

newflowers

This is rathe runrelated to the topic, but I thought you were supposed to us the PC as the last rinse of every wash.

If not, how often and when?

CAPlush

I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I think it is more one of those things that you have to pay attention to and maintain. I think you can improve your porous hair with one treatment, but as soon as your hair comes in contact with more water and other products and especially relaxers, it could return to its previously porous state. This is mainly because porosity is a function of pH of your strands at any given time.

Chromia

newflowers said:
This is rathe runrelated to the topic, but I thought you were supposed to us the PC as the last rinse of every wash.

If not, how often and when?
Some ladies here use it after they shampoo and DC, some use it after the shampoo and before the DC, and some mix it with the conditioner that they DC with.

I used it after my shampoo and before the DC.

Cayenne0622

Thanks! That sounds right about the porous state of hair. I will just have to stay on top of my acv rinses and porosity control weekly. And I will definite make sure porosity control and silk amino acids are protecting my previously relaxed hair when I do my next relaxer.

autumnbeauty29

CAPlush said:
I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I think it is more one of those things that you have to pay attention to and maintain. I think you can improve your porous hair with one treatment, but as soon as your hair comes in contact with more water and other products and especially relaxers, it could return to its previously porous state. This is mainly because porosity is a function of pH of your strands at any given time.

This makes a lot of sense

gymfreak336

Cayenne0622 said:
I know...so many porous threads right now. I would like to know because today I took 2 strands of shedded hair and dropped them on top of water sitting in a bowl and they both sank almost immediately. This is after two uses of porosity control in the past week and a half. It scared me and I now believe the porous state of my hair is the true culprit behind my breakage.

Over the past year I have been obsessed with my protein balance and even though that is important, I think I had porosity issues all along. Like Caplush said, I think it will just be something that we all have to monitor. I personally use pc every wash but I am also thinking of adding the shampoo into my regime.

Empress Yahudah

CAPlush said:

Great point i was thinking of using the PC leave-in to add to my lacio lacio leave in ......in addition to the conditioner as a final step since ur hair changes to around 7pH .when water hits it :ohwell: ....is this over kill???

buttercream

I HAVE HEARD OF FRIENDS USING THE PC AS A LEAVE-IN BEFORE STYLING. THEY REPORT GREAT RESULTS WITH THIS METHOD - NO BREAKAGE, LESS USE OF MOISTURIZING AGENTS.

Empress Yahudah

buttercream said:
I HAVE HEARD OF FRIENDS USING THE PC AS A LEAVE-IN BEFORE STYLING. THEY REPORT GREAT RESULTS WITH THIS METHOD - NO BREAKAGE, LESS USE OF MOISTURIZING AGENTS.

Interresting..... i saw that Roux has a leave-in called Roux Porosity Control Phase 2 leave in treatment ...im trying to figure who sells it.

jasmin

I used it for weeks...maybe 3 or 4 times before and with my touch up. This is when I saw the change but I used the shampoo and conditioner. You may also need to clarify or add some light protein.

I'll use other products but before touch up time I might use 2-3 weeks before and once with my touchup.