How long did it take you to notice improvement in your hair?

After joining LHCF, how long did it take you to notice an improvement in your hair

• immediately

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • 1 month

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • 2 months

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • 3 months

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • 6 months to 1 year

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • 1 year or more- My hair was/is in a serious state of emergency

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Still waiting...

Votes: 12 10.7%

• Total voters
! month to see moisturized hair, but over 3 months to figure out that it is necessary to moisturize and seal my ends.

A month to notice my hair was definitely more moisturized

It took 3 months or so to regain my thickness

I voted a month, because I have officially been regularly pooing/cowashing/dcing for exactly a month, and I feel as if my hair has benefited so much! I have definitely noticed a big difference! I never used to before because I was under the impression I could not handle my hair, or that I just didn't know what I was doing.....I feel so much better about my hair now. Of course, I'm still kicking myself about not taking better care of m hair in the past, and the fact that I let my hair suffer for so long, but after this past month, I swear my hair is different!

I clicked still waiting, because I am still biting my teeth hoping to hit APL.
I am 2.5 years into my Journey, I have had 2 setbacks, most recently one in January.
But I am "keeping hope alive"!

2 years. There was extensive damage to my follicles from stress, chemicals, and bad advice from another forum. (Nioxin).

My hair is finally coming back on the crown and sides. The back has always been my strong point. Since, i've been on this forum, i've reached my shoulder length goal, but i can still feel a distinct difference at the front, versus the back which is healthier and thicker.

I hope that it will all come together soon.

a month to two months with heavy deep conditioning and protein treatments, my hair snapped right back into shape with some damage I had on my right side (don't know how that happened).

I selected still waiting because I just joined Monday and I have already got great advice about what to do with my sides and how to keep my hair clean and growing.

Immediately.
As soon as I started DCing I had improvement, then I started DCing 2X a week, then I started the homegrown steam treatments, then I bought a steamer. Moisture is the name of my game.

I noticed a difference in how my hair felt after two weeks (no longer dry as the desert and my ends stopped breaking) and after two months I've noticed that my hair is fuller and a little bit longer and much stronger.

I noticed a difference as soon as i started co-washing...immediately. My hair was so much softer....but after 3-6 months i noticed growth and no more chips all over the back of my shirt:laugh:....stuck with it ever since :yep:

I hair dresser gave me a bone straight relaxer nov 2008 so I had to literally grow a new head of hair. I grew it close to APL in may 2009 BC to NL (siggy) and i consider that the beginning of my HHJ. I still have alot of the bone straight ends but I am transitioning to either full texlax or natural so they will eventually go.
It took 6 mnths to grow out the damaged caused by a stylist.

Back