How do you wear your hair the first few weeks after a touch up?

cocoagirl

Especially those of you that wear mainly protective styles? Do you let it hang for a week or so since it is "fresh" or do you pin it right back up? Share your fresh relaxer hair styles....

Yeah, I usually wear it flatironed or bouncy rollersets. I just relaxed 3 weeks ago so I've been enjoying some swinging hair.

Playtime's over though. Back to the bun.:ohwell:

Since I aborted my transition and relaxed on Monday, I have been keeping it bunned up or in a ponytail. Gotta retain that length :drunk:

I usually wear it straight the first week, using a rollerset. The next week I again rollerset or use curlformers but I begin to wear protective styles (bunning, tucking my ends up, etc...)

I relax my hair BONE STRAIT its in the weakest state so i BUN my hair till about 3 weeks then i might wear it down SPECIAL TIMES only.

Wear all the cute hairstyles, then when the new growth get too thick it's protective styling

I bun that sucka up the day after lol. I'm a protective styling junkie to the point where my mother has practically been begging me to wear my hair down.

I wear it out for a week or two because it's fresh and for a change. Then I wear PS again until next retouch.

I wear it down at let it swang for 1-3 weeks, given my mood, the weather, and what's going on.

I am a little over 8 days post and started protective styling after a week, because it's easy, and I am lazy, and good at it now, and I wanted my hair out of the way. I also just got a small trim, but my ends look great, and I took pretty good care of them this time around, but now that I know what I'm doing, I want to do an even better job.

Also the cold air here some days is very drying even this early on. In summer, at home (humid and hot, but my hair doesn't frizz from my city's weather easily, so the weather just means moisture for me), I let it hang for 3 weeks.

I usually wear it flat ironed down for a couple of weeks but since I am in the hide your hair challenge and trying to thicken my hair up some more I put it back in a bun..

Especially those of you that wear mainly protective styles? Do you let it hang for a week or so since it is "fresh" or do you pin it right back up? Share your fresh relaxer hair styles....

I wear it down for about a week and then it's back to my good old ponytail. I'm actually thinking about straightening my hair and wearing it out a little more often. I've grown tired of the ponytail.

I usually wear my hair down and straight until it gets too hard to manage (NG). Then I will start back wearing my wigs/phony ponys/ 3/4 wigs, etc.

Back