How do you Maintain a full weave...

Mwenye_Heri

So a week ago I got a full weave w/bss hair Saga Straight. I do not know how to maintain my hair underneath. I do wrap the entire head of "hair" and I tie down with a satin headwrap. What else should I do.

Is there a link to a post that I could go to??
How do I wash and condition my hair underneath?
What are some products that I could put on my hair(real) and my hair (Saga)???
How do I keep the Saga from matting??

Here are some things that I am using right now:

I put John Freida Frizz ease night serum so far on it 1x
I was looking for a new spray moisture spray and picked up Elasta Qp (forgot the name of the product) I spray what ever hair I can feel.

mistee11

So a week ago I got a full weave w/bss hair Saga Straight. I do not know how to maintain my hair underneath. I do wrap the entire head of "hair" and I tie down with a satin headwrap. What else should I do.

I was looking for a new spray moisture spray and picked up Elasta Qp (forgot the name of the product) I spray what ever hair I can feel.

Hi Dehill,

You should go to this thread to get advice on how to maintain your full weave:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=241295&highlight=hair+weave+challenge

You will find great tips on how to care for your hair weave and your hair underneath. HTH -- I know that it has helped me. :grin:

MaintaintheSexy

Hello. I've worn weaves for the past five years and only up until last year did I care for my hair underneath. I didn't know how to, I was restricted by thread and cornrows to actually get down into my scalp and nourish it. I no longer wear weaves because I now realize that they damage my hair, I have a relaxer now and it just makes it very thing. I would recommend weaves to girls who don't use chemical relaxers. To answer your question, I would apply the product that you intend to use on your scalp in a nozzle-top bottle (the top resembles a narrow tube with a tiny hole at the tip) and this will help you get in between those tracks to nourish your scalp.