How do you ladies get rid of...........

Buttercreme

scalp bumps along the hairline due to braids.

I braided DD hair, mind you, I am very "light-handed". People think that her hair has been up for a week or two due to how loose I braid, when in fact its only a day or two old.

But every time I braid it, the next day she has tiny red bumps along the hairline closer to the ear. May-be her hair is too fine. I hate seeing little girls with tight hairstyles that cause damage, I don't wear my own hair tight. So I take down every single braid the next day if I see the slightest bump and re-braid even looser.

Well today even though the braids are looser, the bumps still remain.
What can I do to get rid of them? Anti-septic, cream, oil, etc......?

P.S. This probably should have been posted in the kids forum, but I know you ladies wear braids and I would like to get more responses.

MissJ

That sounds like her hair being pulled too tightly. You probably shouldn't braid her edges. Once my mom did my hair too tight, and I got those little bumps. I took the braids out. The bumps stayed there until I washed my hair later on in the week. Maybe washing will help.

Demi27

Since you don't braid that tight, do you think it might be an allergic reaction to the hair itself? That's happened to me once before. I had to stop using that particular brand.

Just a thought.