How do you know when your natural hair is dry?

StarScream35

Okay so my newest issue is, I cannot tell whether my natural hair is dry or that's just how it feels because I have to reintroduce myself to the texture. It does feel crunchy. I have heard that soft hair doesn't mean it's moisturized....can anybody second this? A good sign that my hair is not moisturized is when its tangles easily and it's not tangled at all. So I don't know, it feels crunchy but it looks fab and is not tangled so I'm just confused.

Last edited:
My hair looked good today but was crunchy. I think it's time for a wash.

When my hair is moisturized it is soft to the touch. and fluffy.

I've never had soft, dry hair. Anytime my hair has been dry, it has felt brittle & straw like. Crunchy hair could have to do with the products you use, or it could mean it is time to wash as pookaloo83 suggested. When I used to just cowash, my hair would get crunchy over time and I knew that meant I needed to clarify.

I'm the same way. I wear my hair in a high bun after air drying in a twist out, re twisting w/ whipped Shea butter and in the morning, my hair sorta looks nice but it feels dry and crackly. I had the snap crackle pop new growth.

image-1188330097.jpg

image-2689196032.jpg

image-2356477390.jpg

image-1474572422.jpg

I'm the same way. I wear my hair in a high bun after air drying in a twist out, re twisting w/ whipped Shea butter and in the morning, my hair sorta looks nice but it feels dry and crackly. I had the snap crackle pop new growth.

To the bolded. I had this problem when I was relaxed. My new growth was soooooo dry. Drier than the rest of my hair. Now I just have the crunchy hair. Maybe I'm just not used to my natural hair???? I don't know anymore :nono:

Back