How do you count your weeks when Stretching?

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Ok, ladies, you may have to take out a calendar (2006) in order to get what I'm saying.....

I got my last relaxer on Monday, May 15, 2006. I want to stretch for 12weeks/3months. 3 months from May 15, is August 15, and that lands on a Tuesday.

Ok, here's the confusing part.....

If I were to count the weeks on the calendar 12 weeks, I'd end up landing on Monday, August 7th.

From Monday May 15-22 WEEK 1
Monday May 22-29 WEEK 2
Monday May 29-June 5 WEEK 3
Monday June 5-12 WEEK 4
Monday June 12-19 WEEK 5
Monday June 19-26 WEEK 6
Monday June 26-July 3 WEEK 7
Monday July 3-10 WEEK 8
Monday July 10-17 WEEK 9
Monday July 17-24 WEEK 10
Monday July 24-31 WEEK 11
Monday July 31-Aug 7 WEEK 12

So does that mean that counting weeks is different than counting months? If I were to stretch all the way to August 15, would that make a 13 week stretch rather than a 12 week stretch?

All responses are appreciated......

rrolle234

12 weeks means 84 days , 3 months = 90 days aprox.
The reason for this is that when we try to convert months to weeks we say there are 4 weeks in a month, when theres is really 4 weeks and a couple of days.

Neroli

I stretch by counting 12 weeks (not dates). IMO, if you went to Aug. 15th, that would definitely be 13 weeks. Remember, each month within a 12 week period may have different number of days (29, 30, 31) and using dates may give inconsistent stretch time period. I think stretching by weeks give more accurate and consistant count.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Thanks, rrolle234. I don't know if you stretch, but if so do you go by the number of weeks instead of just going by months (i.e. May 15 - Aug 15)?

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Neroli said:
I stretch by counting 12 weeks (not dates). IMO, if you went to Aug. 15th, that would definitely be 13 weeks. Remember, each month within a 12 week period may have different number of days (29, 30, 31) and using dates may give inconsistent stretch time period. I think stretching by weeks give more accurate and consistant count.

thanks, a bunch!

OneInAMillion

Yeah, stretching from May 15th to Aug. 15th is definitely 13 weeks to me (approximately a 3 month stretch).

I go by months moreso, since I want to relax twice a year maximum. But, counting the weeks is usefully, especially if you want to gradually increase each time.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
OneInAMillion said:
Yeah, stretching from May 15th to Aug. 15th is definitely 13 weeks to me (approximately a 3 month stretch).

I go by months moreso, since I want to relax twice a year maximum. But, counting the weeks is usefully, especially if you want to gradually increase each time.

Thanks for your input. I've come to the decision that for this particular stretch, I'm not gonna relax at 12 weeks. I'll try my best to hold out till the 14th week so that I can have a fresh one before school starts, and then I'll start the cycle over with my stretching, but not for as long.

glamazon386

I count by the # of weeks and 4 weeks as a month. If you count say May 15 to June 15 sometimes it's more than 4 weeks. And it doesn't always fall on the same day of the week. I know the tickers count this way. My last relaxer was 4/15/06. But my ticker says 3 months and 2 weeks and some days or something right now, but I'll be at week 16 saturday which is technically 4 months.

Last edited:

rrolle234

TSUprincess04 said:
Thanks, rrolle234. I don't know if you stretch, but if so do you go by the number of weeks instead of just going by months (i.e. May 15 - Aug 15)?

I go by weeks I try to keep my stretch range at 9-16 weeks

UmSumayyah

I go by weeks. However, depending on when it's convenient I may relax a few days before or after my official target, no big.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I go by weeks. I like to go on the same day of the month (I always go on a Tuesday) instead of the date. My last relaxer was May 16 and I had planned to go 3 months, but August 16 is not on the same day, so I decided to just go by the weeks.

RabiaElaine

TSUprincess04 said:
Ok, ladies, you may have to take out a calendar (2006) in order to get what I'm saying.....

I got my last relaxer on Monday, May 15, 2006. I want to stretch for 12weeks/3months. 3 months from May 15, is August 15, and that lands on a Tuesday.

Ok, here's the confusing part.....

If I were to count the weeks on the calendar 12 weeks, I'd end up landing on Monday, August 7th.

From Monday May 15-22 WEEK 1
Monday May 22-29 WEEK 2
Monday May 29-June 5 WEEK 3
Monday June 5-12 WEEK 4
Monday June 12-19 WEEK 5
Monday June 19-26 WEEK 6
Monday June 26-July 3 WEEK 7
Monday July 3-10 WEEK 8
Monday July 10-17 WEEK 9
Monday July 17-24 WEEK 10
Monday July 24-31 WEEK 11
Monday July 31-Aug 7 WEEK 12

So does that mean that counting weeks is different than counting months? If I were to stretch all the way to August 15, would that make a 13 week stretch rather than a 12 week stretch?

All responses are appreciated......

I count by the week like you do above. I think counting by the weeks is more accurate. However the difference between 12 and 13 weeks shouldn't be that much in terms of new growth.

Mestiza

UmSumayyah said:
I go by weeks. However, depending on when it's convenient I may relax a few days before or after my official target, no big.
I'm transitioning to natural, now, but ITA! :yep: When I was relaxing, I counted by weeks, too.

Hey, I am pretty much in the same boat as you. My last touchup was
May 12th and I am TRYING to stretch until August 25th. Since I count weeks that would be 15 weeks. Its hard though.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
RedRiot, I agree. I just washed and set my hair a lil while ago, and while working with my newgrowth, I wondered if I would be able to stretch an extra 2 weeks to make 14 weeks instead of my original goal of 12.

Northern_Belle

When I count, 1 Week is always= 7 days, 4weeks= 1 month ...

Therefore, if I stretch for 6 months(24 weeks) and let's say I did a touch up today, my next touch up would be 17.January.07