How do you blowdry without a comb attachment?

yodie

Need your help ladies. I'm trying to become a DIY (right now) and I'd like to successfully blowdry without using a comb attachment. I tried the tension method. That's good, but am I missing a step?

Do you ladies comb the hair through (that section) very well, pull the hair tight and blow dry? Do you use a special leave in/serum to make the process easier?

Usually my hair dries and feels like it isn't easy to comb.

Any and all feedback on your technique is appreciated.

Thanks

yodie

Someone will let us know. I know that some ladies blowdry w/a diffuser. If so, do u comb the hair thru, pull it taunt and blowdry? Would you need a diffuser for this?

I know some ladies airdry. My hair dries kinda hard and it takes too long.

tocktick

There's the tension method. As you described, it's pulling the hair straight and going over it with a blow-dryer. I've never used it before but I presume the hair would need to be about 70% dry. You'd also still need a heat protectant.

I use a blow-dryer with a comb attachment. Some people just use a regular detached comb or brush along with the dryer but it seems like too much work for me.

Last edited:

vkb247

You can just hold the hair like you said or some people use a denman brush while blowdrying. There are plenty of videos on youtube.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
There's the tension method. As you described, it's pulling the hair straight and going over it with a blow-dryer. I've never used it before but I presume the hair would need to be about 70% wet. You'd also still need a heat protectant.

I use a blow-dryer with a comb attachment. Some people just use a regular detached comb or brush along with the dryer but it seems like too much work for me.
I agree. The tension method doesn't work for me. Especially since I'm natural with super shrinky 4a/b hair.

LaidBak

I use a nozzle attachment and a round brush. I do small sections at a time. I'm not an expert, I just copy exactly how my stylist used to do it.

yodie

Thank you ladies for all of your responses.

I'll check out dontspeakdefeat's tutorial.

For the ladies that use a Denman, does it matter which one? I brought one (awhile back), but its all black. Not sure what number that brush is.

JinaRicci

I also use the tension method but with the concentrator attachment. I use the lowest heat setting (the air is almost cool) so I only use coconut oil as leave-in.