How do I take care of Micro Braids ?

destiny30

I got micro braids 2 days ago. Is it ok to use surge and MTG on my scalp while having micro braids? If so, How many times a week. Also, how do I was my hair with micro braids without messing them up?

sareca

C&G definitely. I use surge on my scalp everyday (1-2X/day). I've also used MTG on my braided scalp although never at the same time.

ScandalousBeauty

I surged quite often (a few times a week) and MTG'd once every 3 or 4 weeks. Actually, I would MTG my hair late at night, wrap a towel around my hair and then wash my hair the next day. That MTG really gets into the extension and the smell is hard to go away. But in the end, I took the braids out and there was still alot of build up around the knot of the hair, so I don't know if I should have done it or not. I think its safer to Surge often and then if you do MTG, put the MTG on your finger and then rub that into your scalp. I took half of my braids out last night, and the rest I will take out in a week or two. Then I will prolly let my hair rest for a few weeks, and put them back in again.

sareca

destiny30 said:
Thank You, I was worried about the oil buid up. Do you apply surge in the morning and MTG at night?

Surge has kind of replaced MTG for me. My family couldn't get used to the smell. So, I have used MTG while braided and I've used Surge while braided, but haven't used them in the same day (or even the same month). I've read about other ladies here doing so. MTG is very oil so there will be some buildup. Robin as a video demo on her site explaining how to handle it w/o losing a lot of hair. It works very well for me.