How do I prep my hair for a relaxer

pbuckley

I have 4a/4b hair. My last relaxer was in the later part of November. I am planning to bring my relaxer (avlon) to the dominican salon I frequent here in GA. I would like to wash my hair on Friday night and go to the salon on Wednesday the 16th. What should I do and or use on my hair to prep it for the relaxer. How should I style it so that I won't have to manipulate it for those 5 days. Please help.

candibaby

You could always wear a bun for the next few days-- that and a ponytail are the most low-maintenance I think you can get! What products do you use on your hair, does your hair like protein? I'm asking that because I always try to do at least a mediocre protein treatment (if not Nexxus Emergencee, at least Keraphix or Enphuse), just to strengthen my hair a little bit before the touchup.

MomofThreeBoys

candibaby said:
You could always wear a bun for the next few days-- that and a ponytail are the most low-maintenance I think you can get! What products do you use on your hair, does your hair like protein? I'm asking that because I always try to do at least a mediocre protein treatment (if not Nexxus Emergencee, at least Keraphix or Enphuse), just to strengthen my hair a little bit before the touchup.

Is 3 days before relaxer aplication to close to do the Protein Treatment?