How do I achieve shiny hair

donewit-it

I've been looking through the henna threads. I want that shine that so many of the ladies have. However, I do not want to henna my hair because it is thick enough. I thought maybe I could do the cassia treatments, but that thickens hair also, right?

let me say that I do not like the results of coconut oil in my hair at this moment. It might be due to the cold weather,and I will try again when the weather breaks, but for now....What can I do? I would prefer a more permanent solution opposed to applying something to my hair such as an oil.

I've tried a clear gloss. Clairol I think it was, but it didn't do much for me. Maybe it wasn't good or I didn't know what I was doing.

Please advise.

TIA

locabouthair

maybe another clear rinse or a color rinse that is close to your natural color.

Lots of water and flaxseed oil and omega fatty acids give you shine from the inside out.

donewit-it

Thank you for your response.

I have been taking Flaxseed Oiland drinking lots of water; however not faithfully like I should. I actually fell off about 2 weeks now.

Can anyone recommend a clear rinse? I was actuallly thinking about dyeing my hair for the summer. I noticed that when I do WnG's, and spritz my hair with gylcerin and water, I have a nice shine.

Thank you

Anyone else.

lana

I used John Frieda Clear Gloss shine and I liked it. It's basically a rinse. It works but didn't last long. The best thing I did was rinse my black hair the same color black. It gave my hair a nice gloss.

The other thing you can do is when you rinse out your conditioner, use cold water, that closes the cuticle and closed cuticles give shine.

Oh and when I rollerset I use a high sheen setting solution by Creme of Nature. That gives me salon results for about 4 days. :)

CHECKMATE!

Try clarifying first with ACV then DC with a moisturizing condish,then do a cold water rinse...your hair will bling! :yep:

donewit-it

Thanks everyone so far.

Yes I have done ACV rinses. I'm going to try a clear rinse. Is it possible to do it on top of dyed hair?

PGirl

2 words.... CASTOR OIL....Put a little on your wet hair (not dry) and you will get shine.

JJamiah

Thanks everyone so far.

Yes I have done ACV rinses. I'm going to try a clear rinse. Is it possible to do it on top of dyed hair?

Yes you can put a clear rinse on top of it. It is done at home and professionally.

Try Chi Silk Infusion, I put Bigen Black in my hair, wash dry, I use the ACV rinse as well as clarifying, maybe it is product build up.

Nonie

Really?? I'm going to try one? Would I do this after DC'ing? or After applied leave-in and sealing with oil????

I do it at the very end of my wash (after rinsing off the DC or regular conditioner). I mix about 1/4 cup ACV to about two gallons of filtered water. Then I dunk my head in it. I don't use products so that's usually my last step.

If I used products, I would apply them after doing the ACV, either after air drying or if you like to apply to damp hair, then when hair is damp after the ACV.