How did your Mom look after your hair as a child???

How did your Mom handle your hair?

• She was gentle and meticulous and it grew reasonably long

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • She was gentle and meticulous and it was reasonably short and stayed the same length

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • She did the best she could and made some mistakes but it was resonable long

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • She did the best she could but made mistakes and it was short and stayed the same length

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • She was rough with my hair and it often looked a hot mess!

Votes: 13 15.7%

• Total voters

LadyRaider

My mom probably had 3B hair, but it was silky in texture... not afro-fluffy. She kept my hair in two pretty braids with ribbons and bows. I still have long pony twists in high school. My hair was long until I started caring for it myself and getting relaxers. She didn't really know how to teach me to take care of my hair because it was different from hers.

Her only mistake was not discouraging me from getting relaxers. Though as I got older she and my dad always complained about me "Letting folks ruin my hair."

Aviah

Wash and condition( not deep condition), then comb coils to airdry as a baby. As i got older this became comb and blowdry with pink oil/ grease every two weeks.

Everyday it was PSing in ponytails, buns, etc. Not because she knew about it, but because my hair would knot up and become hell. Pink oil and grease were re-applied as needed.
It wasn't the longest, but it was about APL-BSL on my little self at the time.

leiah

My mom is white and took care of my hair the same way she did hers; daily washing and conditioning with Nexxus products. It was always thick and long and in good condition. My sister's 3c/4a hair did well with this too, I just remember detangling her hair was always a big issue. Now that I think about it I'm pretty impressed with how well she did with my sister's hair and how good it always looked
Every once in a while she would take us to get our hair braided. That's the most that was ever done to it

It wasn't until I reached middle school and did my own hair that I decided I needed to use "black" products - worst of all, relaxer. That's when my hair went downhill

cheryl26

Washed it everyday, brushed it, and let it go lol. Sometimes it would stay down but most of the time I looked like I had been electrocuted. Once I entered middle school I acquired some gel and all was good.