How Did You Get Past Being A "lazy Natural"?

@NaturallyATLPCH, what are the steps to creating your twist bun? What are you using as your tie? Thanks in advance!
I use a knee high like I'm going to put it in a puff, then pull out sections of hair, twirl the ends, then tuck them under and pin. I'm wearing one in my Avi except now, since I've retained hella length, the bun is more towards the back instead of the top @YvetteWithJoy .

I use a knee high like I'm going to put it in a puff, then pull out sections of hair, twirl the ends, then tuck them under and pin. I'm wearing one in my Avi except now, since I've retained hella length, the bun is more towards the back instead of the top @YvetteWithJoy .

Thanks. I'll try it.

When you say tuck under and pin, do you mean that, in the front, for example, you take the twist and pull it FORWARD in a round arch, tuck the end under the knee-high, and then bobby pin it? So . . . the knee-high ends up being NOT viewable once you are finished with the whole bun? Is that right?

TIA! :smile:

I am a lazy natural with styling but not with care. I have never been a product junkie. I think because I became natural in the early 2000's so there weren't lots of products, videos, etc. yet. I regularly trim ( 4x a year), deep condition ( weekly in the fall/winter and 1-2 times a month in the spring/summer), protein treatment ( 1-2 times a month), shampoo ( at least once a week). I just leave my hair in twists and put them in a loose bun or ponytail. Every now and then I do a twistout. I will likely remain this way. My life can't revolve around hair, I have things to do!

I am a lazy natural with styling but not with care. I have never been a product junkie. I think because I became natural in the early 2000's so there weren't lots of products, videos, etc. yet. I regularly trim ( 4x a year), deep condition ( weekly in the fall/winter and 1-2 times a month in the spring/summer), protein treatment ( 1-2 times a month), shampoo ( at least once a week). I just leave my hair in twists and put them in a loose bun or ponytail. Every now and then I do a twistout. I will likely remain this way. My life can't revolve around hair, I have things to do!
OT, did you go home this past holiday season? You didn't give us any hilarious stories this year.

:lachen: I did. I am sorry to report nothing over the top happened this Xmas '16. No luggage getting rolled over by SUVs or EVCO being dumped down the sink! Xmas '15 my Dad made me so angry, I almost left the same night and my Mom begged me to stay. She was pissed as well because my Dad was totally in the wrong. I didn't mention that one on the forum though.

OT, did you go home this past holiday season? You didn't give us any hilarious stories this year.

:lachen: I did. I am sorry to report nothing over the top happened this Xmas '16. No luggage getting rolled over by SUVs or EVCO being dumped down the sink! Xmas '15 my Dad made me so angry, I almost left the same night and my Mom begged me to stay. She was pissed as well because my Dad was totally in the wrong. I didn't mention that one on the forum though.
That EVCO/X-Mas thread is in my LHCF Top 10 :giggle:

I'm lazy with styling.....in the summer I mainly wore wash n go puffs, was in a weave for most of autumn, now I'm in twists.

Will I keep my hair clean, moisturized, and DCed? Heck yeah.

But I can't be bothered with styling everyday. It is what it is.

Errrr.....I've been a lazy natural for most of the past 16 years. Before that, I was a lazy, relaxed person. LOL.
I just chopped all of my hair off again for the ultimate lazy natural 'do...the TWA. I'll let it grow back out and be right back in twists pulled back into a ponytail before I know it. Watch.

Soooo, I have no idea how to get past it. I have no time for styling hair.

I've become a lazy natural over the past month and I think my hair has been thriving because of it.
Wash and go ponytails with no product everyday for me lol

I'm new to the boards, but I just wanted to chime in. I don't think you can be lazy about your hair unless you're not caring for it and letting it become a mess. But if you don't want to continuously come up with a bunch of complicated styles every week, I think that's just keeping it simple. All of that styling (selection and execution) can be exhausting and I thought part of the answer to hair retention is not constantly manipulating your hair anyway.

I've been a lazy natural since day 1. Relaxed hair was much easier to style and manipulate, but my hair is much healthier now.

I wear plaits under a wig or occasionally I straighten my hair. I work in the food service industry, so my hair has to be in a bun all the time anyway. No need or desire to do anything complicated...

I'm lazy and I don't care. Stopped doing twistouts cuz I had to retwist a few times a week and I think it was too much manipulation.

I think I got breakage from wearing a fro out too much. I mainly rock cornrows like an updo, halo braid etc.

I'm a lazy natural but I came up with a way to work around it. I was lazy relaxed too :look:, so I'm good at being lazy with decent looking hair. :lol:

At my current length, I'd have to do too much daily styling so I just put it away. I'm in crochet braids until my hair is long enough to be cute with minimal effort, the end. I don't do nothing to my hair when I have an install. My scalp is easy to please so no problems. When I take it down, I do intensive care, washing everyday, mad protein, etc, and then it goes away again and I go back to being lazy. :look:

I am the WNG queen! I'm a pre-k teacher and mom to a four-year old. I just don't have time or patience for all this twisting and intricate styles. I co-wash and coat my hair in avocado oil, some type of leave in and hair cream or curl gel and seal my ends with lavender oil and castor oil. I sleep with a bonnet or satin pillowcase. I deep condition weekly. I add honey, avocado oil, castor oil, olive oil, almond oil and tea tree oil to any deep conditioner that I use. My hair is doing well! I may try some Senegalese twists for a month.

Back