How did being pregnant affect your hair???

BraunSugar

I am asking all the moms or moms to be how pregnancy affected your hair. Was it thicker? More shedding? Faster growth? No change at all? I ask because I just found out today that I'm a mom to be :) **weird** anyways, just wondering how it affected other women.

Ladylynn

I had my two kiddos back to back. With my first, my hair got super thick. I hardly had any shedding at all. With my second, my hair shed like crazy. My youngest just turned one and I'm just now getting a handle on the shedding. It's wierd because they both have different texture hair also. My first DD's hair is 4a. My second DD's hair is 4b. Actually, I can't really make out a curl pattern at all in my youngest.

beans4reezy

I've had two baby boys and pregnancy has been good to my hair. I've experienced marked thickness as well as retention. What's better is that I haven't experienced any post partum shedding.

augiemoment

Well I am currently five months preggers and my hair has been growing like crazy. I have naturally thick 4a/4b hair so I havent noticed any change in thickness. I've gotten almost seven months growth in five months.I'm not a fan of vitamins and I don'th think my pre-natal vitamins are responsible as I noticed the growth before I started taken them.
I decided to transition when I discovered I was pregnant because my last touch up was one week after conception.
I don't know If I will follow through or not but I plan to use this period to grow some five inches of hair.

When I was pregnant, my hair hardly shed. My hair was very thick and SHINY. I had twists in one time and someone asked if they were extensions. I was like HUH? But looking back at the twists, they did indeed look like extensions. lol

After pregnancy was shedding galore for several months and my edges took the biggest hit. That's why I decided to do an one year protective styling challenge to help grow back my edges. Now my edges are doing much better and my shedding has normalized.

JJamiah

My hair grew at unbelievable speed :yep: I kept it PS'd most of the way, I shaved my head basically BALD right before I got pregnant, by my 3 month I got braids :yep: with human hair braids. Wore that until I delivered took them down, I got pregnant about 6 months after my first son, I know I know... LOL

I didn't relax in between, I gave birth to my second son and my hair was Past MBL! But I PS'd mostly the whole way through. I wore twist like Maxell with my natural hair and once it was longer I braided it again :)

No excessive shedding just rapid growth

I have four Boys :)

Boujoichic

I was transitioning in weaves when I found out I was pregnant and I stayed in weaves until a few weeks after giving birth. I kept the installs about 3 or 4 mos each when I removed an install I would notice remarkably little shedding I would get only about a nickel sized ball of shed hair while removing an install and my hair felt really thick which is unusual for me because my hair is not dense. My hair grew like weeds and was thicker until my baby was about 3 mos then I started shedding hair on wash days I would be getting a ball of shed hair the size of a baseball (post partum shedding) I was able to get it stop though. My baby just turned 6 mos and I made APL I am very close to BSB, and BSL I think I could make BSL in about 2 mos.

ClassicBeauty

My hair shed pretty bad during the first half of the pregnancy. It was a mess! I found out that I was anemic, and the Dr prescribed iron supplements. After that, my hair stopped shedding and it was much better to deal with. It grew while I was pregnant, but I don't think it was the pregnancy. I think I just had great retention because my hair was in a ponytail or bun for most of the pregnancy.

DD is almost 8 months, and I haven't had any PP shedding. (THANK GOD!!!) I kept taking the prenatals and iron consistently through the first 4 months, and now I take them when I think about it, but not every day. I also keep my hair pulled back most of the time because DD pulls it and it gets in the way.

MariposaSexyGirl

My hair got very thick during pregnancy and shed less. I didn't notice any boost in growth rate though. However, maybe 3 months after giving birth I always lose hair in my temples from post partum shedding. So when it happens don't freak out and think you are going bald lol. I mean you will be balding in certain areas but I promise it grows back. I've had 3 babies so trust me on this.