Hot Oil Treatments

Whimsy

Does anyone do hot oil treatments and do u do it the same way you'd Deep Condition??

sweetcashew

I do. I use Queen Helen Hot oil, a little bit of coconut oil and Mohini hair oil(Amla to most people), put a conditioning cap on and sit under the dryer for about 10 mins on medium setting.
I don't do it often though. Maybe once every six months or so.

Whimsy

I do. I use Queen Helen Hot oil, a little bit of coconut oil and Mohini hair oil(Amla to most people), put a conditioning cap on and sit under the dryer for about 10 mins on medium setting.
I don't do it often though. Maybe once every six months or so.

Thanks, what do u get out of it?

turnergirl

I do them here and there maybe once every 4-6 months. I use olive oil with a little teatree. I saturate my hair and scalp, then I massage it in, cover with a cap and go to sleep. I wake up in the morning and wash it out.

My scalp is extra happy and so is my hair.

dillard

yup, i do hot oil treatments as a pre-poo every week. i heat olive oil, add it to dry hair, then put a hot towel on, then cover that with a plstic cap for about 30min. then i poo, then I DC under my hooded dryer for 20 minutes. It is a way to protect my hair against the stripping effect of shampoo, also, it's a way for me to add protein treatment.

TLC1020

I do my hot oil treatments with my deep conditioning! After putting conditioner throughout my hair I add the oil then plastic bag then sit under the hair dryer for about 15-20minutes.

gymfreak336

yup, i do hot oil treatments as a pre-poo every week. i heat olive oil, add it to dry hair, then put a hot towel on, then cover that with a plstic cap for about 30min. then i poo, then I DC under my hooded dryer for 20 minutes. It is a way to protect my hair against the stripping effect of shampoo, also, it's a way for me to add protein treatment.

Co signing. I use alma, coconut, olive or almond oil.

Daisimae

I do mine once a week with my pre-poos. My WRTC is in a slant-tip squezze bottle. I apply that to my roots and pull it up to my ends. Then, I heat either Proclaim Natural 7 Oil with Olive Oil, Proclaim Aloe Hot Oil or Hot Six Oil and apply that all over. After one hour in a plastic cap, I rinse, wash, condition and DC.

sweetcashew

Thanks, what do u get out of it?

It adds moisture and serious shine to my hair. I mostly do it for my scalp though. Every now and then it gets really dry and this helps with that. I think I should do them more often though because I'm getting dry scalp a lot more often now.