hot mess needs help!!

Golong

I am new here and I am blessed to have stumbled upon such beautiful informative women. You all have incourgaged me to get my act together. I have had a histroy of damaged dry and simply poor hair care. I have damaged it to the point it just falls out once it gets to a certain length and because of that I have been a slave to weaves....Glue in weaves. So i hear Glue is a no no. I have been doing bonded weaves for 10years. NO One knows what my hair looks like, not even my man has seen my real hair. I want to be free but don't know where to start :perplexed and frankly am afraid to let the weave go. I need help.

SSBD

Well u can't be to afraid of letting the weave go other wise you would not be here:) . Well for starters you can get a regimen together so you ccan get ur hair healthy because the only way to retain length is to have healthy hair. Now if you want to hide ur hair under weave at first thats okay just remember that it's not perminant, it's just until you get ur hair healthy. Now glue is a BIG NO NO:whip: :lachen: but seriously say it with me NO MORE GLUE!!!. I can understand how u got caught up in it though. you can start off with sew in weaves and if you want you can join a challenge so you have support. Also as protective styles you can wear hair fulls,wigs,braids, buns and other hairstyles. Honestly I think you hair needs a rest from everything right now.

I am going to be starting all over this year. I'm going to be cutting off all of my relaxed ends and growing from there. And i make sure I deep condition once a week and do condition washes about 2 three times a week. I know that this well help my hair get healthy and restore it. Sometimes you just have to start of new and y not start with a new year.

Well i need to know some info. R you relaxed or natural?

How often do you wash?

What products do you use and not to be all in ur business but how long is your hair?

The ladies on this board will help you get through this cuz lord knows they are surely helping me!!!!

O check out some fokis of ppl who wear sew in weaves and view their regimen and see if you can get some tips....:)

Golong

Thanx for your reply SSDB. I'm sayin it with you...NO MORE GLUE, NO MORE GLUE,:lol: . II've been lurking for a few months and since then I have been washing shampooing once a week with At One Hydrating Shampoo& At One mosturizing conditoner. My hair is relaxed-Soft & beautiful Botanicals regular. I would say my hair type is 3b medium texture. the length is 4 inches, just past my ear lobes & and that has happened since I started washing ever week:) . I have read about protective styles, buning seems to be the most popular. If I didn't have a forhead like Tyra's, i would pull my hair back and bun:ohwell: .

SSBD

being that u r relaxed u have a lot of protective styles u can do like twistouts,braidouts and rollersets among other things...
but for now just take it slow and get ur hair healthy. Work on not using a lot of heat and work on making sure u condition everyday

browse around, read some threads, regimins and look at ppls fokis and see what u can do for you hair. remember streching is key...

aileendq

Hi GoLong and Welcome!

I have a high forehead, too, so I "sweep" some hair over it and tuck it behind my ears and then bun. It's like a faux bun.

It sounds like you've made a solid commitment to stay away from glue- excellent choice!

Are you wearing a sew-in now? Is your hair damaged from the glue?

One of the suggestions that really helped me was 1) Staying away from shampoos containing sulfates (unless you are clarifying) and stretching my relaxers as much as possible. Also, (this is HUGE for me): NO BLOWDRYING! Rollersetting and wrapping at night have been a Godsend.

Again, welcome and HHG (Happy HAir Growing).

rdm

Also, protein and moisturizer treatments might help.

When bunning, dont pull your hairline too tight.

Sleep with a silk scarf or satin pillowcase.

Golong

Thank you ladies for the tips. I got it...no glue, no sulfates in shampoos, and no blowdrying. I have been online for hours just reading and absorbing so much information & WOW have been doing everything wrong! I constantley comb my hair, I perm every 3-4 weeks, wash only when I perm , and moisturize? Never. So when you ask if my hair is damaged from the glue....who knows what its damaged from? right now my hair is in a sad sad pony tail and hidden under a scarf. Its only been like this since friday. After work on friday I took out my weave, washed w/ silk elements luxury moisturizing poo and deep conditioned elasta qp dpr11 for 1 hr, sprayed elasta qp h-two leave in, wraped and hood dryed. I only could take about 40 mins of that- then I blowed dryed the damp parts on cool/low speed. I used Elasta QP H-two leave in moisture seal for the first time and I think its burning my head!? like when you leave a perm in too long and it starts to tingle..is this normal or should I disconitue with the H-two? My hair turned out soft and shiny. I am trying no to manipulate it too much as I read that is a no no too but I am amazed at the softness. Come tuesday when I return to work I don't know what I will do. I want to say I will have the curage to bun but I think I will have a breakdown if i leave my house w/o my hair.
once I figure out folkie I will posts pics.

Last edited:

tallygirl

Hi Golong,

Welcome!!!!!! Best wishes for healthy hair....

As for work on Tuesday, have you considered a wig? It's a good protective style, too....

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Welcome to hair lovers anonymous! There is a ton of information on this site so I hope you brought something to snack on while you search the threads :)

You need to establish a regimen. BUT, before you do that you need to take out the weave and see what your hair is like. How long is your hair? What's the texture like? Are you permed or natural? Can you give us a little more information?

Golong

*Bre~Bre* said:
How long is your hair? What's the texture like? Are you permed or natural? Can you give us a little more information?
I'm permed, I would say my hair type is 3b medium texture. the length is 4 inches, just past my ear lobes.
I am trying to figure out fotki :ohwell: I registered but know what do I do? any suggestions