Honey for Dry SCALP ???

rawsilk

My hair doesn't really appreciate a lot of moisture but my scalp soaks up oil like it's nothing -- constantly have to re-oil in order to keep it from getting dry. I am wondering if anyone has experienced more movement and "life" in their scalp after using honey conditioners or mixes.

SweetlyCurly

I don't know about honey but something that has immensely helped my dry scalp this winter is soaking my scalp with a mixture of ACV and water (1:3) for about 15-30 minutes prior to washing. The flakiness goes away and I've noticed a big improvement on the itching during the week

sharifeh

My itchy scalp is driving me crazy
Before my next wash I'm going to use some ACV it does feel really good

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Jace032000

I don't know about honey for dry scalp but I know my hair loves my pure honey and olive oil hot treatment. I mix about a half cup of honey with 1/4th cup of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and heat it for 15 seconds. I then put it all over my hair and baggy it for at least two hours. This works well as a pre-poo and I tell you there is nothing that hydrates my hair more than this mix!

Lia3257

I am going to try the ACV. I don't know what is up but, my scalp has been dry and itchy this winter. I have to wash my scalp every 3 days, where I used to be able to go a week.

reeko43

I nixed dry, itchy scalp by using this method -- oiling my scalp with various oils.

My friend asked me what ti use for her daughter when winter started. Told her to use the same, except the rosemary, and it worked. I will tell her to try rosemary as well!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2

westNDNbeauty

I add honey to my conditioners regularly. I also use honey based conditioners such as Henna Sooq Sweet Honey Nourisher and BASK Beauty YAM -- both are reviewed on my blog.

I don't specifically saturate my scalp with either, but my scalp does receive the benefit.

rawsilk

Jojoba oil can make me shed sometimes -- so I just avoid it. I would love to be able to use it though because it is supposed to mimic sebum better than anything else.
Have you tried jojoba oil on your scalp?

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

rawsilk

I am tempted to try this -- I drink ACV (for weight and digestion) every day but have been a little squimmish about using something that seems so harsh on my hair which is not sturdy at all. Also, I read somewhere that flakiness and dandruff is really the result of EXCESS sebum -- I am the opposite, once I hit 30, it was like my scalp just stopped producing any sebum on its on. As a kid/young adult, I always HAD to wash hair at least once a week in order to get bounce and eliminate weight of natural oils that scalp produced. Never could use products with any kind of oil because it weighed hair down. Haven't seen those days or that kind of hair in a minute.

Soooooo, that's why I was wondering if Honey might do the trick. I refuse to believe that my youthful scalp is gone forevah! :nono:
I don't know about honey but something that has immensely helped my dry scalp this winter is soaking my scalp with a mixture of ACV and water (1:3) for about 15-30 minutes prior to washing. The flakiness goes away and I've noticed a big improvement on the itching during the week

rawsilk

I used an intense (expensive!) ultra moisturizing conditioner this weekend and my hair didn't like it at all -- it (she) is a protein fiend. I am thinking that's why I never have good results re hair when I add honey to conditioner or pre-poos. That said, I still really want to try it on my dry scalp. Maybe I will add it to Ghee butter pre-poo mix, put in the fridge and just use it like I am "greasing" scalp -- like using good ole Dax, Dixie Peach, Ultra Sheen -- and avoid getting on hair.