Hii!!! Im new and a bit scared!!!

Trefoxx

Hey everybody i recently went to visit my boyfriend in the bronx and his friends girl drug me to a dominican spot. im about six months into transitioning out of a relaxer and they got my waves soooo straight.... but now im scared because i smelled burning hair while she was blowing me out. I think i included some pics, not sure if i did it right.

Attachments

• tracy hair.jpg
    tracy hair.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 101
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 100

Trefoxx

oh and my boyfriend didnt comb my hair down properly... its all the same length as the longest in the middle. just got a trim a couple weeks ago

amwcah

I would be scared too if I smelled burning hair! Well, on a brighter note your hair is gorgeous.

KrystalClear

well your hair looks lovely to me. Just make sure you keep your protein and moisture balance if you feel like you may have gotten it damaged a bit from the blowout! I don't use heat, but I'm sure some of the ladies that do will have some advice for you!

leigh.hill

Your hair looks BEAUTIFUL. It MAY have been the product on your hair burning not your actual hair. I am a newbie too so I would be interested in hearing what others have to say.

datladystunna

i went to the dominicans...im trying not to get addicted lol because im transitioning and they get it so str8...i think i will get a sew in soon..i brought heat protectant and put some on my hair before they used the hell burning blow dryer lol

Trefoxx

thank yall... i hope it was the product and not my hair. im washing tomorrow so ill pray that all is well

SunnyDelight

Your hair is gorgeous.

Wish I had some encouraging words chica. I've been to a dominicansalon and saw some BEAUTIFUL heads of hair in there - sista's with long, thick and healthy looking hair. When I went I smelled smoke too when I got mine blown out. (the night after my blowout my husband snuggled up behind me in bed and said my hair/scalp smelled burnt!!) That was in September. I am STILL dealing with the damage (slowly cutting it). However, I my hair was not in the best shape to begin with - I should not have let them blow it out. Since then I've gone back but only for a deep condition and roller set. No other forms of heat and although I am still trimming damaged ends, it is thriving. Just keep an eye on your hair. If it feels crispy or you notice breaking, wash and deep condition asap.

Trefoxx

oh i forgot to add im a stylist :angeldevi lol!!!! and i just got my cosmetology instructor license. Im a hair freak and i get on most peoples nerves talking about it all the time. my goal is to teach cosmo in high school to catch em' early.

BlaqBella

oh i forgot to add im a stylist :angeldevi lol!!!! and i just got my cosmetology instructor license. Im a hair freak and i get on most peoples nerves talking about it all the time. my goal is to teach cosmo in high school to catch em' early.

I like that idea!

Lovely hair..hope your strands are ok.

a_shoe_6307

Welcome!!!!

I have stayed away from the Dominicans for that very reason. They had my hair stick straight after about 6 months going to them. I mean no reversion. It was like I had gotten a relaxer. Hopefully your hair will be ok.

BTW your hair is BEAUTIFUL!

JerriBlank

That is a wonderful idea:yep:
I hope that goes well for you! You will be able to help so many young women,and teaching them about proper hair care before they go off to college will be so beneficial to them!
Many women on this board,as well as in real life started having problems with their hair when they went off to college.I really love that goal you have there!!
Your hair is beautiful too:yep:

lilsparkle825

welcome!

i've had lots of luck with DBs...used them for 10 months of my transition...and i have definitely seen smoke, but never had damage. just watch and see if you have any, and in the future if you smell burning SPEAK UP!