Hibiscus Petal Powder....

fancypants007

I want to try this powder and I'm thinking about adding it to my shikahai and alma mix. I use 1T of shikahai powder and 2T of alma powder and apply to my hair. How much hibiscus petal powder do you think I should add? Any suggestions/comments are welcome.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I also would like to know, I bought some last weekend and wondering whats the best way to use it....

AfroKink

Where did you ladies find it? I was out looking for it earlier this year with no luck, and got rose petal powder instead.

Lys

fancypants007

Where did you ladies find it? I was out looking for it earlier this year with no luck, and got rose petal powder instead.

Lys

Fromnaturewithlove.com has it. Can you believe it, they are out of all the other powders, i.e., shikahai, alma etc. but they have the hibiscus petal powder. I will be ordering mine today!

me-T

geez, i forgot the name of a member on here who sells indian products. i was askin her about it and she said that it doesn't have that hibiscus scent (like i'd hope) and after a while it can give your hair a burgundy tint. i want my hair black with scent so i didn't get any.

AtlantaJJ

I would like to purchase some hibiscus petal powder, I understand it helps to make the henna color turn redder and I've done some research and found it's great for the scalp, preventing grays and for hair loss. Anyone else still using this powder and where do you usually buy it, I saw FNWL but they are so expensive. Is this something that is carried in the local Indian stores?

ETA: FNWL - they are back ordered, but this is there description.

Hibiscus petals, also known as jaswand, were used in Ayurvedic medicine to stimulate thicker hair growth and to prevent premature graying, hair loss and scalp disorders. The petals act as a natural, emollient hair conditioner. Hibiscus petal powder can be used in Ayurvedic hair washes, oil infusion treatments and vinegar rinses for the hair. Use hibiscus petal powder in combination with brahmi and amla powders.

Last edited: