Hi Naturals..... can I get a count....

How often are your doing a straight look??

• Weekly... twice a week

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Weekly....once a week

Votes: 17 7.5%
  • Twice a month....every 2 weeks

Votes: 17 7.5%
  • Once a month.....just to check the length, change your look

Votes: 58 25.6%
  • Never

Votes: 132 58.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I straightened my hair twice in '07 (if memory serves me correctly), once in '08, and once this year. Before that, I straightened whenever the feeling hit me (or on occassion to appease my husband). :yep:

Never. My BC is too new and my natural hair is bringing a smile and a sparkle to my eyes every time I see it. I bought new makeup {my new cheapie NYC COLORS hypoallergenic liquid eyeliner in Pearlized Black...wow!!} and hair dangles this week! I am not at all interested in killing the kink.

For many years I straightened every 7 to 14 days. Over the last 5 years I've slowly been moving toward VERY infrequent straightening. In 2005 I switched to once per month, in '06 and '07 once every 3 to 4 months, in '08 once that year, and this year not at all, so far. I do plan to straighten in December. So I guess I'm straightening once a year now.

Technically I don't straighten my hair ever. But the straight look-- I've fallen in love with wigs! I still keep at least a loose curl or wave in it though.

I voted never cause I am in my TWA stage. Besides I don't want to use heat that much. being that there are so many new things I can do with my hair now I want to enjoy it in it's curly state. I've had it straight for years now I want to enjoy my kinks.

In the summer time for me its wash n go's the majority of the time then in the fall when it starts to get chilly I get my hair roller set and the roots blowed out. I love the fact that I can have curly hair one day and straight hair the next and its all healthy!

I think the good thing about being natural is that you can do what ever you want, whenever without burning your scalp (you can scratch your scalp whenever also! teehee) :grin:

I noticed when i was initially transitioning (in 2006) and about a year after my BC (summer 2007 i flat ironed every week because it was what I was used to and I was use to seeing my hair that way. Now that my hair reach has grown and my curls have started to hang, I wear it natural more often. I found that when I straighten, i miss my curlies.:nono: So, I never straighten more than once a month and i don't wear it longer than a week. also i found that it get's annoying because you get single stand knots and they stick to your clothing.

I'm new at the healthy hair care... When I first started to taking care of my hair February 1, 2009 - I wash, dc and flat every two weeks. This lasted until April then I decided I wanted to wear it in a twist out - I found I love this style along with buns.. and have been doing that since April, also I have put myself on a personal no heat challenge until September.. Its going great and I'm loving the way my hair is responding. I have really, really fine hair and I get lots of compliments on my braidouts - I want to slowly move towards not straightening my hair at all. Thats my ultimate goal but I'm going baby steps into it.

Back