Hey ladies I need your advice...

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
I am tryng to combat my shedding/breakage on my hair. I have started to do conditioning washes and they work really well for me but I can't do them as often, only like once or maybe if i'm lucky 2 times.I want to alternate between a moisturizing conditioner and a conditioner that has a good amount of protein in it that won't dry my hair out. Or least to put the shedding and breakage in it's place. Can you guys give me some advice?

Last edited:
aphogee has a green tea reconstructor spray you can use daily. it seemed to slow-stop my shedding also says its good for spilt ends

Last edited:
You can try Keraphix and I have the green tea thing and it works okay IMO. In the past I thought it was the bomb but when palying around with my regimen I realized that the thing I was getting strength from was the Dudleys DRC and not the Green tea. Oh the Dumb Blonde conditioner is a perfect combo of moisture and strength for me. HTH.

I read of some of the ladies using Nutrine Garlic Shampoo(I STILL haven't found this product locally) and different garlic treatments. I've been wanting to try that for my shedding, however the only thing that has worked for me HAS been the Conditioner washes. This is a constant shedders thread that may help: [thread=38234]Constant Shedders Support Thread[/thread]

HHG

~op~

Thank you for the constant shedders thread I have been looking for that. I have never heard of that shampoo before but I have heard that garlic is good for the hair follicle.

I got my shedding under control by using Nexxus Keraphix and Emergencee. The shedding stopped immediately after the first use of Keraphix.

I also use Nexxus' Vitastress Biotin Creme on my hairline.

I have heard many raves about both the Keraphix and the Biotin creme. How do these products make your hair feel afterward..i'm curious?

Whenever I have shedding/breakage like that I do an Aphoghee Protein treatment and follow with a moistureizing conditioner. It works great for me.

I do conditioner washes only once a week. It's working for me. I don't feel the need to do them more often. You could also try using a mild protein conditioner.

vikkisecret said:
I am tryng to combat my shedding/breakage on my hair. I have started to do conditioning washes and they work really well for me but I can't do them as often, only like once or maybe if i'm lucky 2 times.I want to alternate between a moisturizing conditioner and a conditioner that has a good amount of protein in it that won't dry my hair out. Or least to put the shedding and breakage in it's place. Can you guys give me some advice?

Back