Henna

gennatay

I did search but all the threads are a year or so old...Anybody still Henna? My Indian friend gave me a box that says it's mixed with Amla, Mahendi, Shikakai, Brahmi and Reetha. I want to try it, but I don't want me hair too red. I may try it this weekend.

This is the box he gave me

Seasons Dulhan Henna Mehandi Powder

Here's a link that tells a little about the herbs..
http://www.theindianfoodstore.com/hesh-amla-herbal-powder-100g.html
http://www.theindianfoodstore.com/hesh-brahmi-herbal-powder-100g.html
http://www.theindianfoodstore.com/hesh-shikakai-herbal-powder-100g.html

Last edited:
Just started to henna about mmmmm 6 weeks ago now. My grays came out really red, but followed it with the indigo and it toned them down. Was my very first time to henna but was overall pleased with the results. 3 weeks later went over them again with the indigo and it toned the red down even more, now it looks like light brown highlites. They say the more you do it, the deeper the color gets, we shall see. Just ordered another supply of both and will continue get my henna on.

baddison

natural for good
Been doing monthly henna treatments for over a year now. I use NUPUR henna exclusively! http://www.godrejnupur.com/
Great blend of 100% henna with other ayurvedic powders that are superb for hair and scalp. I henna overnite, so I get the richest color, and I dont have to worry about walking around during the daytime with a heavy "mud" head...LOL!

VirtBles

Hi Gennatay!

Check out my henna album in my profile. I included all the ingredients I used and you can see the color of my hair, while wet, after the henna. I was afraid of my hair turning "too red," as well, but it actually was not and I was pleased with the results. Let me know what you think! Oh, one more thing, as long as your henna is 100% pure organic, your fine. I followed your link and it doesn't appear that your henna contains harmful chemicals or metallic PCP compounds.

VirtBles

Last edited:

Summer79

I just used henna for the first time back in April and wish I didn't wait so long to try it. I've done 4 treatments so far and can tell a huge change in how my hair feels and moves. It has a heavier feeling to it now.

*Muffin*

Reetha is the same as Aritha, right? If it is that's soapnuts, and I'd be kinda worried that it would dry my hair out. Other than that, I like henna treatments, especially mixed with coconut milk. I like the napur henna which is mixed with amla, brahmi, and bhringraj, but sometimes I just mix my own using Henna, amla, and brahmi.

gennatay

Hi Gennatay!

Check out my henna album in my profile. I included all the ingredients I used and you can see the color of my hair, while wet, after the henna. I was afraid of my hair turning "too red," as well, but it actually was not and I was pleased with the results. Let me know what you think! Oh, one more thing, as long as your henna is 100% pure organic, your fine. I followed your link and it doesn't appear that your henna contains harmful chemicals or metallic PCP compounds.

VirtBles

Look like A LOT of work! Thanks, now I know what I'm in for.

naturalhigh

I love henna. My hair feels stronger, is shiny and full. I have greys so they turn bright red but I am going to include indigo. I'm one that doesn't wait the 12 hours for color release, more like 3-4 and leave on my head 2-3 hours. I def add in oil EVOO, coconut, even amla oil, some condish and plot it on. I started mainly because of my greys, I was coloring too often. I've done about 3 treatments now and I love it. If you don't mind you curl pattern changing then it's good. Mine has changed significantly but the new growth does come in as normal, almost looks like a relaxer growing out!:yep:

gennatay

Thats another thing I'm worried about, losing my curl pattern. I read that using henna with amla is suppose to counter this.