Henna gloss every week - overkill?

Neith

I do a full henna treatment every month, but I was thinking of just mixing a tablespoon of henna in my weekly DC's as well.

I only shampoo and DC once a week, so in 1 month I will be applying 3 henna glosses and 1 full henna treatment (followed by a deep conditioning).

Overkill?

I love henna :yep:

My henna gloss recipe would be 1 tablesoon of henna mixed with my regular DC mix (Jojoba Oil, 10 en 1, AO Honeysuckle Rose)

I also plan to just DC as usual. With heat for half an hour and just rinse well with water.

Am I going about the whole henna gloss thing right by not DC'ing afterwards? I'm too lazy to do the glosses if I have to DC after too :lol:

My hair is not protein sensitive.

Sorry I had to make a thread to ask... the search function is acting really screwy :/

JustKiya

I did full henna's weekly for a while - started to overload my hair after a couple of months. Glosses I think would be safer, but keep an eye out for any additional breakage/hardness....

lwilliams1922

I do a full henna treatment every month, but I was thinking of just mixing a tablespoon of henna in my weekly DC's as well.

I only shampoo and DC once a week, so in 1 month I will be applying 3 henna glosses and 1 full henna treatment (followed by a deep conditioning).

Overkill?

I love henna :yep:

My henna gloss recipe would be 1 tablesoon of henna mixed with my regular DC mix (Jojoba Oil, 10 en 1, AO Honeysuckle Rose)

I also plan to just DC as usual. With heat for half an hour and just rinse well with water.

Am I going about the whole henna gloss thing right by not DC'ing afterwards? I'm too lazy to do the glosses if I have to DC after too :lol:

My hair is not protein sensitive.

Sorry I had to make a thread to ask... the search function is acting really screwy :/

how is your henna routine?

msa

Everything I'm learning about henna has me curious. How is your regimen working out for you? I think I'd want to do it that way, full henna once a month and gloss every week.

Bump!

Neith

After doing this regimen for about 3 or 4 months my hair got weaker because I was also not doing protein because I thought that would be overkill.

I skipped the henna this month and did a hard protein treatment... pretty much stopped the breakage in it's tracks. Thank God, I do not need another setback right now.

My hair is redder than heck in some light now :lol:

It's not the henna that made my hair come out, it was the lack of protein.

Now I will do a full henna every other month and alternate with protein. I'll still do a henna gloss once a month too.

So in conclusion... the henna does do great things for my hair and I love the color, but it was tricky for me to find the right henna/protein balance for my hair.

AtlantaJJ

That's what I was thinking. Henna does not take the place of protein, it just mimics it in a way. I think with a little trial and error you can get the right sequence down for the henna / protein reggie.