Help with caring for my hair

thefwf

I really don't know what to do with my hair, it's really thick and wavy, it frizzes REALLY easily. Currently I wash it, condition it then use serum in it. Which make it look ok. It is also very prone to split ends.

This is my hair after being washed, conditioned and serumed and being left to dry naturally

l_04bf510579d91cfc8603a4e1ece4d02b.jpg

It still frizzes slightly.

What can you recommend I do to combat the frizz and split ends?

I recommend pure aloe gel on damp hair. When it air drys your frizzies will be gone. It may even work on totally dry hair.

Serum is OK but you would better off with a small amount of a nourishing oil before bedtime like....jojoba, or coconut. When I say small i'm talking a tsp or less...greasies are not cool. :nono: brush your hair (if it likes brushes!) & braid for bed. When you release in the morning you'll have frizz free hair.

Lovely hair..I can't even see your splits!

To combat the frizzies, after cowashing I apply a leave in coditioner in my hair while it's stil wet. After that, I apply some moisturizer to keep my hair soft. As far as avoiding split ends, you might want to protect your ends so that they do not rub on your clothes. HTH.

Sorry to be a PI.... but is the picture of you or someone else, your public file says female with short hair . Forgive me if I'm wrong

Welcome to LHCF!

You will find lots of good information in the Hair Forum.

You can try a light moisturizer for you hair or try Paul Mitchell "The Conditioner". Use a little bit (about a quarter size amount for your length of hair) and make sure you get the length of your hair with it.

Hope that Helps (HTH)

Take care!

Back