HELP!! Where do you buy your hair?

Ebony

My first hair purchase was @ Lugo's back in 1997. I loved the wet n wavy. It was inexpensive $90, but a little thick. Still nice. Ppl still believed it was mine & eventually it thinned out. A little water & it curled right up! The next year, 1998 I'd heard of Adorables & started buying hair there & have been since. In 1998 it was $146 for the same amount that I bought at Lugo's. Adorables french refined was not as bulky as Lugo's though. Nowadays, I'm tired of Adorables:cool: . I don't feel their quality is worth the $175 plus that they charge now. I was going to go back to Lugo's last month when my weaver stated that their hair is still bulky. She claimed her client the day before me got hair from a place called Bronx hair supply which I visited on Monday. They barely spoke english, had no price list or brochure/description of the different types of hair they sold. Their wet & wavy felt very, very nice, but they don't do extra thin wefts (to hide that bump weave detector) and they charge $172 for 8oz, 16in:eek: !!!!
I am seeking inexpensive, quality hair that comes on extra thin wefts that is wet & wavy with some kink in it and lasts for 3 mths. My own hair 3c/4a so adorables french refined was perfect as it had some kink in it. So did Lugo's wet n wavy. I don't think hair should have to cost $200 unless you purchase 25-30 inches which brings it past your tailbone. So I need referrals. Where do you buy your hair?

When I get tracks I just use HQ Perm Yakky from the Asian stores in downtown Brooklyn. It blends in nicely with my own hair after my stylist flat irons it together.

I would try The Sensationnel Goddess Remy French refined (approx $70/14inches). It is a very thin weft not hat kinky per se so I would just mix it with french refined from Adorables to cut down on cost. It is more curly than a wet n wave though. Also check out BHM weave section there maybe hair talked about there that would suit you.

thanks ladies for your help. i've checked out that site & see a few types that i like. I just wonder if they last the 3 mth length that i always wear my weaves.
-cutebajangirl, did you mean the goddess french wave? i liked it at first, but then i saw the premium plus jackson wave & i love that. also, under sensationnel's "about us" page, there is a clip of brandy holding a mic & she's wearing this very curly hair. that's the way my lugo's hair was. i can't figure out what hair she's sporting in that pic. i don't see anything on the site that curly. i emailed the company. i wasn't aware that there were no prices listed on the site & that you couldn't purchase the hair from the site. what's the deal with that?
Thanks ladies.

Back