HELP!! What is going on in the back of my head????

jaibee

I think i may have some kind of scalp fungus. My hairline is disappearing on the back of my head near the kitchen area. I noticed that it was itching today. I pray that it isn't alopecia cause that runs in my family. But my hair is growing everywhere else, it is just smooth and itchy back there. I just started a new job and my insurance hasn't kicked in so i can't go to a dermatologist yet, so does anyone know of anything I can do?

Nice

Do you use a head scarf and nights? Maybe it's too tight and causing the back of you head to "peel" out

webby

Think Slim
[ QUOTE ]
jaibee said:
I think i may have some kind of scalp fungus. My hairline is disappearing on the back of my head near the kitchen area. I noticed that it was itching today. I pray that it isn't alopecia cause that runs in my family. But my hair is growing everywhere else, it is just smooth and itchy back there. I just started a new job and my insurance hasn't kicked in so i can't go to a dermatologist yet, so does anyone know of anything I can do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely recommend a dermatologist. If it's not alopecia, it could be something else. Either way, you don't want to let it get out of control especially, if it's something that you could have treated.

jaibee

i was thinking that this may be a culprit cause i wrap my head up every night. I'm just gonna sleep in my bonnet until I can get to the doctor, whenever that will be

[ QUOTE ]
Nice said:
Do you use a head scarf and nights? Maybe it's too tight and causing the back of you head to "peel" out

[/ QUOTE ]

ElizaBlue

This used to happen to me alot. I think it had something to do with stress. You mentioned you just started a new job. You may not even realize that you are dealing with stress. I was told that your hair will erase more or less in your areas of tension. I would suggest nightly massages with Castor Oil in that area. Don't secure that area with any type of styles (bands or clips) and try spritzing with distilled water mixed with tea tree and some other oils. This is a combination of things I've learned. My daughter's hair does this in the nape and the very top of her head. She is on the dance team and taking accelerated courses. So I know the child has some stress. She is always patting rather banging the top of her head because of itching. I also put some sea breeze up there which she has told me helped a lot.

jaibee

yes I just started a new job and my father is undergoing lung cancer treatment so I am stressed. I used to use sea breeze in my scalp all the time and I used to get small smooth patches like this when I was younger but I can't remember if it itched or not.

thanks everyone for your responses
[ QUOTE ]
ElizaBlue said:
This used to happen to me alot. I think it had something to do with stress. You mentioned you just started a new job. You may not even realize that you are dealing with stress. I was told that your hair will erase more or less in your areas of tension. I would suggest nightly massages with Castor Oil in that area. Don't secure that area with any type of styles (bands or clips) and try spritzing with distilled water mixed with tea tree and some other oils. This is a combination of things I've learned. My daughter's hair does this in the nape and the very top of her head. She is on the dance team and taking accelerated courses. So I know the child has some stress. She is always patting rather banging the top of her head because of itching. I also put some sea breeze up there which she has told me helped a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

DigitalRain

I am a strong believer is something is wrong physically, don't guess, go to the doctor. It could be stress itch, which I have occasionally, but you won't know for sure till a derm takes a look at it. Hope you can resolve the problem.