Help Wanted!!!

delitefulmane

Ok ladies,
I need help deciding (or helping my mom decide) what to do with her hair! Before you ask, I can't take pictures because my camera is broken. Her hair is natural 3a/4a, a little longer than ear length. She normally wears its pressed but she wants to try another style for the summer because it sweats out.

Can you ladies suggest any styles for my mom? She is 60-ish:lachen:
Thanx in advance :grin:

how about texlax with using a natural looking curl and wearing headbands pushing it back for the summer???....oh and nice cut back neckline???

how about texlax with using a natural looking curl and wearing headbands pushing it back for the summer???....oh and nice cut back neckline???

She is talking about getting her jerro-curl again. Im like " :nono::nono::nono::nono:!! No way ma'. Im getting professional advice on this one." Thus, I turned to the board!! :grin:

Her hair is really fine and it think that getting her hair texlaxed will do more harm than help!! And she also does not like to push her hair back. She says her head is to big :rolleyes:

braidout
twistout
w-n-g
curlynikki twist-n-curl
setting hair on perm rods

henna for thickness and some color

texlax makes fine hair finer and it may not stop the sweating out.

if she has been pressing, how does her hair look wet? Does she has curly or straight ends? If curly, wash n go. If straight, twist-n-curl.

Would your mom be open to like wearing her hair curly? Does she want to grow it? One of the things I know I love about shrinkage is I don't have to feel my hair on my neck when I don't want to. So if your mom doesn't mind WNGs, she could probably do them, wear puffs in the back shrunken so as to look like a neat bun. Or she could get phony pony's or puffs or buns, and be able to wear her ends protected while wearing a short off her neck puff...especially if she's trying to grow her hair.

My mom put away her heat tools after I introduced her to S Curl. She loves how simple her regimen is now. She doesn't do WNGs but she will wash, condition, dry, apply S Curl and comb out her cute 'fro. She's in her 60's too.

Thanx ladies!! KNT1229 so is a jherri curl a type of curly perm?? Will it dry out her hair? Mind you she does NOT do her own hair! She relies on her stylist to do the washing and everything for her. Would this still be a good idea for her as far as managability is concerned?

Would your mom be open to like wearing her hair curly? Does she want to grow it? One of the things I know I love about shrinkage is I don't have to feel my hair on my neck when I don't want to. So if your mom doesn't mind WNGs, she could probably do them, wear puffs in the back shrunken so as to look like a neat bun. Or she could get phony pony's or puffs or buns, and be able to wear her ends protected while wearing a short off her neck puff...especially if she's trying to grow her hair.

My mom put away her heat tools after I introduced her to S Curl. She loves how simple her regimen is now. She doesn't do WNGs but she will wash, condition, dry, apply S Curl and comb out her cute 'fro. She's in her 60's too.

Hi Nonie!!
Does she want to grow it? Yeah she does! But it seems to be breaking. I can't figure out why though! And I don't know what it looks like wet!

Back