Help! Tips for airdrying 3b/c hair with bounce...

Tai

I need some major help.

I tried airdrying my hair in the ponytail method, using the Caruso curlers once it was dry. I sprayed Amla oil, Pantene leave in, & Aphogee's Leave in. I put a small amount of oil on the ponytails. My hair was shiny but VERY heavy and didn't move. My hair when I blow dry and curl it is very bouncy and I also don't use any oil.
I tried again and did a roller set. I used the pantene & aphogee leave ins, elasta foam, and a very light dusting of amla oil(spraying it over once) For my first rollerset ever, it was okay but again heavy hair. Is it the oil or is it airdrying????
My hair stylist has always told me not to use any oil in my hair when styling because it weighs it down but I thought I'd try it since so many of you seem to use oil...
Is there anyone else who just can't leave any oil in their hair when styling or will I just have to get used to heavy, bounceless hair if I airdry?

Any help at all will be appreciated.

lonei

To set is use motions leave in and SPRAY a tiny bit of ORS Olive Oil sheen about once every 2-5 days, this keeps my hair light but moisturised.

Lindy

In general I do find that my air dried hair is not as bouncy as when I rollerset, but one thing that I use when I air dry that seems to help my hair get that bounciness (movement) is Motions Nourish leave-in
I use that along with my Hot Six Oil, and amazingly, the oil doesn't weigh my hair down!!

Kalani

I have the same hair type and also have issues with oils. When I roller set or blow dry, I usually put a very light leave in conditoner when its damp or I use Aveda Brilliant emolliant finishing gloss. This stuff gives just enough nourishing moisture ,while being dried, for a healthy shine and smoothness without weighing it down.
Of course everyones hair re-acts a little different but I find this works best for me!

simcha

Re: Help! Tips for airdrying 3b/c hair with bounc

I have the same problem and just have to lay off the oils. When I airdry I condition my hair with Humectress (after a deep condition once a week or as a moisturizing conditioner mid week) use John Freida's relax on my soaking wet hair, towel dry and then put some Humectress in.

Even what seems like a miniscule amount of oil weighs my hair down. I only use oils if I'm leaving it in a ponytail or a bun.

Tai

Thank you so much for the tips. I'm trying again today after I get home from work without any oils. I SO appreciate it!!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

When I rollerset, I use Motions Nourish Leave-in Conditioner and apply oils to my ends. I seldom put anything on my scalp. I sometimes put Silk Elements glossing polish all over my hair to give it a soft and silky feel after drying. Recently, I havent been using setting lotion on my hair. I just spray water instead of setting lotion and my hair feels much lighter and softer after drying.;)

Mikeygurl810

I'm a 3a/b and i use mango butter and africa best oil for moisture when rollersetting my hair and it doesn't come out weighed down. It may be because my hair tends to be so dry.