Help please! I want some clip ins for my natural 4b hair!

sunnyd

Hi All!

So, I'm a little over 3 years natural and my texture is a mixture of the 4's, but mostly 4b (if you're into the hair typing system). Inspired by a recent thread on celebrities who actually wear weaves and clip-ins (Thanks Nice & Wavy!), I think I want to try wearing some type 4 clip ins! I have checked out fingercomber.com, but I want human hair and something that is at least 18 to 20 inches; I'm going big because I don't want to go home. I looked through the forum and found some nice suggestions for vendors for 4b-compatible hair.

Here are my current ideas for options:
Bohyme Brazilian: I'd have to make clip-ins from this myself. I'm guessing I could make enough clip-ins to give me fullness and length with just one bundle of hair (cost-effective:yep:). I'm not convinced this would be the best option for blending though.

All About My Hair-Kinky Curly: clip ins are also available and varied lengths.

Halleys Curls-Creole Curly: they actually sell the clip-ins already but only in 16inches. I guess I could request longer..

Note I did look at hairesthetic and onyc, but woo boy! Those prices! I want to keep this experiment under $150, but if some more expensive hair was the best one that you used, please let me know! I might spring for it next time.

I'm hoping for suggestions and tips from other type 4 naturals who have tried this. What hair would you recommend? Was the tangling with the extensions and your own hair too bad to make it worth it?

Nice & Wavy

Hi All!

So, I'm a little over 3 years natural and my texture is a mixture of the 4's, but mostly 4b (if you're into the hair typing system). Inspired by a recent thread on celebrities who actually wear weaves and clip-ins (Thanks @Nice & Wavy!), I think I want to try wearing some type 4 clip ins! I have checked out fingercomber.com, but I want human hair and something that is at least 18 to 20 inches; I'm going big because I don't want to go home. I looked through the forum and found some nice suggestions for vendors for 4b-compatible hair.

Here are my current ideas for options:
Bohyme Brazilian: I'd have to make clip-ins from this myself. I'm guessing I could make enough clip-ins to give me fullness and length with just one bundle of hair (cost-effective:yep:). I'm not convinced this would be the best option for blending though.

All About My Hair-Kinky Curly: clip ins are also available and varied lengths.

Halleys Curls-Creole Curly: they actually sell the clip-ins already but only in 16inches. I guess I could request longer..

Note I did look at hairesthetic and onyc, but woo boy! Those prices! I want to keep this experiment under $150, but if some more expensive hair was the best one that you used, please let me know! I might spring for it next time.

I'm hoping for suggestions and tips from other type 4 naturals who have tried this. What hair would you recommend? Was the tangling with the extensions and your own hair too bad to make it worth it?
You are welcome :love3:

My suggestion, go onto Youtube and find out how to make your own clip in extensions...I'm sure it will be less expensive for you!

Can't wait to see pics!!!

sunnyd

You are welcome :love3:

My suggestion, go onto Youtube and find out how to make your own clip in extensions...I'm sure it will be less expensive for you!

Can't wait to see pics!!!

I'm up for making them myself in theory, but I'll confess that when I saw hair companies were actually selling some clip-ins that looked like good options, my laziness kicked in!:lachen: I'd have to do a cost-benefit analysis and for sure my time has to be factored in there (*looks at list of tasks my advisor has set for me, why am I on here?*)

On Youtube I saw this girl using some Brazilian Kinky in her bangs:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=expsP4ZCZhM

Oh, also I forgot to mention I'm in WA, so I can't do aliexpress-just in case someone was going to suggest that. I'm probably going to check Ebay as well.

Nice & Wavy

I'm up for making them myself in theory, but I'll confess that when I saw hair companies were actually selling some clip-ins that looked like good options, my laziness kicked in!:lachen: I'd have to do a cost-benefit analysis and for sure my time has to be factored in there (*looks at list of tasks my advisor has set for me, why am I on here?*)

On Youtube I saw this girl using some Brazilian Kinky in her bangs:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=expsP4ZCZhM

Oh, also I forgot to mention I'm in WA, so I can't do aliexpress-just in case someone was going to suggest that. I'm probably going to check Ebay as well.
:dead: :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Theresamonet

This doesn't sound practical. I seriously doubt you are going to find ANY ready made 4b clip ins on the market.

Last edited:

sunnyd

This doesn't sound practical. I seriously doubt you are going to find ANY ready made 4b clip ins on the market.

Practical, no. Fun? Maybe :) I did say 4b-compatible. This would be something I would do occasionally when I have my own hair out in a twist out or braid out. I don't wear my hair out often since I protective style using weaves, wigs and braids almost all of the time.