Help please I want my hair back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iwantmyhairback

Hello ladies. I am new here and I really need HELP. My hair has been really healthy and bra strap length for a long time until I moved to Alaska. When I moved here my hair started falling out. It came out so bad that I had to get my hair cut to just below my ears, that was in April 03'. Now it is chin length. My question is :What products can I use to get my hair back to the healthy state. Also I went out and brought a bottle of that wild growth oil for 12.99 and I just want to know exactly how to use it because the instructions on the bottle says not to rub or massage. Thank you in advance for your help. Sorry so long but like my name says I want my hair back!!!!!!!!!!! <font color="purple"> </font>

Soulchild recently posted a wonderful Article on Moisture that is sure to be of help. Cathy Howse's FAQ Page also has great tips that echo many of those discussed here (click on a question for the answer -- Don't mean to be funny, but took me a while to figure that out.
nuts.gif
). Otherwise, use the Search feature of the forum with say the words "healthy, long, HTH, grow" and the "OR" option to search through all posts and you oughta be flooded with lots of suggestions.

Welcome aboard to one of the best places on the Web for great support.
smile.gif

WELCOME TO LHCF.
wave.gif

have you tried deep conditoners and using a good protein
treatment followed by a moisturing conditioner.

I put the Wildgrowth on my hair while wet and roller set my hair. I try to my hair moisturized and deep conditioned. I hope this helps and you can go back to past threads and get advice for your situation.

Welcome to the forum! I went thru the same thing when I moved here to MI from VA, the dry weather here is a killer. I had to get like two inches cut off to stop my hair from breaking. You are going to have to be vigilant about keeping your hair moisturized. Since I've lived here, about two years now, I've been able to turn my hair around. I use products that have water listed as the first ingredient, especially in the colder months. I also don't dare skip a night without moisturizing and covering with a scarf. Give it some time and your hair will go back to being healthy. Living there will definitely force you to keep up your hair care routine.

Welcome! You came to the right place. You'll get your hair back plus some with all the great advice from this board!

I'm assuming that it is alot colder in Alaska than from where you moved so I think it would be important to keep your hair constantly moisurized and in protective styles, such as buns, where your ends are not exposed to the cold air. Good luck

Heyy!
I use to live in Alaska about 4 years ago.
look.gif
Lived on Eielson AFB with my ex-husband. Ok back to this lifetime.........
laugh.gif

I use WGO and I remember that AK mark-up! I use it to lubricate my scalp and also as oil for the hair. I actually do scalp massages with at times in conjunction with another oil. I simply thought they meant it wasn't a massage oil for you body, as if to imply you would become a hairy beast if you did that.
laugh.gif
MOISTURIZE! MOISTURIZE!MOISTURIZE! Get a hood dryer and a good conditioner and sit!. Turn the shower on and steam. I was even a product junkie then and ordered from Sheldeez.com back then to get my fix. Never had a problem. Several people order from then in this site. Check it out. SO much i could tell you.
spinning.gif

Get out when when you can and be grateful for all the friends you are about to make on this site! PM any time!

Hi Iwantmyhairback,

I understand what cold, dry winters can do to hair! WGO is a good start. In addition to the recommendations you've received, I'd like to also suggest rinsing your hair with distilled water.
smile.gif
It can be your final rinse or you can spritz it in your hair before you put in your WGO. You'll be surprised how differently your hair feels!
smile.gif
Plus, distilled water is cheap!

We have another thread here about one of our LHCF members having a severe reaction to supplements.
nono.gif
But if your physician clears you to take this, I'd recommend MSM (abbreviation for methylsulfonylmethane, a naturally-occurring sulphur compound) which took care of my shedding. I prefer mine in powder form, which I purchase from Puritan's Pride. www.puritanspride.com. I mix it with either water or juice (it doesn't seem to taste as bad with the water for some reason).

Regardless of supplements, I always make sure to keep my hair covered whenever I'm outdoors, esp. when the temperatures drop into the teens or below zero.

Hope that helps!

I agree with MissM and Crownnglori. I moved from the states, to Norway and boy did my hair react. You have to keep up with the moisturizing. If you skip a day you'll notice, skip two days and everyone notices your strawlike "do"! Keep your ends protected. Another thing that I like to do is going to the sauna with my conditioner on. Try that as regulary as you can during the winter.

Conditioning washes has helped me here too. Also, another memember mentioed something called the baggies method ...something like that. I make 2 ponytail + put olive oil in two baggies and put them over my pony tails for a few hours or more. Then I rinse out and style a usual. I let this replace a CO wash sometimes. My hair turns out really nice with this. I just started doing these treatments.

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

I starting using wgo mixed with evoo and my hair has really turned around. I have so musc new growth I don't know what to do with myself. This board is really great. Thank you all. I am so happy with my hair right now. I was going to get some micro braids to give my hair a break, but now I've changed my mind. This board just saved me $200.

happylocs- I think that it's the cold dry air that was causing my hair to fall out also the water is very hard .
I can not thank you guys enough because my hair has always been my prize possession and to lose it was very hard. So to turn my hair around has made me very happy. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!!

Re: Help please I want my hair back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crownnglori- My husband is station at Fort Wainwright not too far away from Eielson. My mom found wgo in SC for 7.99 so she is going to send me a couple of bottles. Did you buy your wgo from Miss Mattie, she is the only black hair supply store around here and she is making a killin.

Back