Help Needed: Semi-permanent color application

texasqt

I've made up my mind to color my hair Black for a bit of a change. I'll be using the Ion Color Brillance tonight but I haven't done this in several years. I can't remember when I can condition the hair or in what order do I wash, condition and color. It specifically says not to shampoo after application. I can't remember what I use to do so please help. If you've used a semi-permanent hair color, what was your regimen? TIA

YoungWavey

I usually shampoo my hair first then i would add the color and condition my hair afterwards. I think the shampoo would strip the color or fade it out...HTH:grin:

prospurr4

I use the following order:
  • shampoo (to remove any buildup from the hair)
  • towel-blot
  • apply color rinse and cover with a plastic cap for about 30 minutes, then rinse thoroughly
  • deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner
I do this after every relaxer touchup, every 8-10 weeks. Hope this helps.

Jadore_tay

yes this thread couldnt come at a better time. do i go under the dryer with the deep conditioner?
texasqt what which semi-permanent color are you using?

texasqt

yes this thread couldnt come at a better time. do i go under the dryer with the deep conditioner?
texasqt what which semi-permanent color are you using?

I purchased the Ion Color Brillance in Black from Sallys. I use to use Jazzin all the time but wanted to see if the Color Brillance lives up to its advertising (conditioning effects)
http://www.ioncolorbrilliance.com/

I think I'm going under the dryer with the color because I'm not relaxing today and I'll do the same with deep conditioner. My question is does it matter what kind of conditioner? I have my usual 15 min. Keracare Humecto and Queen Helene's Chlorestoral (sp?). The diffences in consistency is major.

texasqt

I use the following order:
  • shampoo (to remove any buildup from the hair)
  • towel-blot
  • apply color rinse and cover with a plastic cap for about 30 minutes, then rinse thoroughly
  • deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner
I do this after every relaxer touchup, every 8-10 weeks. Hope this helps.

I usually shampoo my hair first then i would add the color and condition my hair afterwards. I think the shampoo would strip the color or fade it out...HTH:grin:

Thanks ladies! I feel more confident hearing that you both wash, color, then condition. I'm excited! and will come back to post pics later. Going to do the wash and color part now!
:woot:

Jadore_tay

I purchased the Ion Color Brillance in Black from Sallys. I use to use Jazzin all the time but wanted to see if the Color Brillance lives up to its advertising (conditioning effects)
http://www.ioncolorbrilliance.com/

I think I'm going under the dryer with the color because I'm not relaxing today and I'll do the same with deep conditioner. My question is does it matter what kind of conditioner? I have my usual 15 min. Keracare Humecto and Queen Helene's Chlorestoral (sp?). The diffences in consistency is major.

O wow you sold me on this product im off to purchase it now..thank you