HELP! NEED SUBSTITUTE FOR OIL AS SEALER?

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
Hello All,
Just needing some advice on a possible substitute to using oil as a sealer. I really hate the feeling of oil in my hair. Some oils make my hair hard. Have tried jojoba oil, carrier oils, and also used avacado butter and I really just end up washing it out :nono:.

Is there a way for my hair to look moist and shiny, and to feel soft without using oils? Any advice from your regimens would be great... TIA.

Thanks KAT25, locabouthair, and,cieramichele

Have tried avacado butter in the past. I still have 3 small tubs of it. Perhaps I was a bit too heavy handed with it as it seemed super greasy to me. I will try using different methods this week - perhaps it was the application that was causing the problem :perplexed

Thanks again! :yep:

About avocado butter... if used on dry hair, I agree that it can feel greasy :nono:

BUT... used on wet hair :lick::lick::lick:!! My wet strands soak it up and by the time it's dry, it doesn't feel oily or greasy at all... just lush, soft and moisturized. :grin: Try it this way before you totally count avocado butter out.

ETA: even used on wet hair, you don't need too much...I'd say a half dollar-sized amount for my whole head, focusing on the ends.

Back