Help!! My hair isn't acting right after taking down braids

I had medium individuals with extensions in for about a week when I took them out a few days ago I detangled , washed , then deep conditioned with AOHR. Ever since I took the braids out my hair has been super rough, frizzy ,and the curls don't seem to pop like they used to, what should I do?

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

MzSwift

My hair gets really poofy after rocking braids for a long period of time. It gets back to normal after a while though.

I think it's just that your hair has been stretched for so long in the braids. I usually give my hair a break between braids to rest naturally. Maybe you could try that.

ETA: Oh wait. I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about braid extensions.

Maybe you can try clarifying and doing a protein tx (followed by a moisturizing DC). Usually protein or using certain ayurveda powders tend to make my hair curl right up. HTH!

Last edited:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Clarify, deep condition and moisturize again. Were you wearing your own hair in braids? If not, the added hair sucked all of the moisture from your strands. Time to baby your hair back to normalcy.

My hair gets really poofy after rocking braids for a long period of time. It gets back to normal after a while though.

I think it's just that your hair has been stretched for so long in the braids. I usually give my hair a break between braids to rest naturally. Maybe you could try that.

ETA: Oh wait. I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about braid extensions.

Maybe you can try clarifying and doing a protein tx (followed by a moisturizing DC). Usually protein or using certain ayurveda powders tend to make my hair curl right up. HTH!

They were extension braids.

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

BlaqBella

You may need to step up your deep conditioning, you know more often than usual until it begins to feel normal. Of course you should space it out if you're not sure how to do so properly. As in which product has more protein..