Help...my hair is just snapping away!!!

God's Anointed

So, I went home for the Christmas break and I think that my parents live in an area with hard water! When I came back to school this year, my hair kept snapping away and nothing helped stop this so far. I don't know if i'm not using the right products or what but I hate not being able to pass a comb through my hair. Can you guys please list different products that have helped stop your hair from snapping? I would hate to have to cut my hair and start all over again!

Some of the thing I have are henna, amla oil, MNT poo, MNT con, MTG, BT, Lekair cholesterol, Lutrasilk cholesterol, Rusk smoothers leave in, Tresemme moisture rich con, Sunsilk con, and a few other things. Based on what I have in my closet now, what do you guys recommend I do to stop my hair from breaking?

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I noticed that you are in the baggy challenge, it may be because of that. I tried baggying and I got breakage, so I stopped doing it and my breakage subsided. Stop baggying for about a week to see if that's what's wrong. Some people get benefits from baggying and some get breakage. HTH:yep:

gymfreak336

So, I went home for the Christmas break and I think that my parents live in an area with hard water! When I came back to school this year, my hair kept snapping away and nothing helped stop this so far. I don't know if i'm not using the right products or what but I hate not being able to pass a comb through my hair. Can you guys please list different products that have helped stop your hair from snapping? I would hate to have to cut my hair and start all over again!

Some of the thing I have are henna, amla oil, MNT poo, MNT con, MTG, BT, Lekair cholesterol, Lutrasilk cholesterol, Rusk smoothers leave in, Tresemme moisture rich con, Sunsilk con, and a few other things. Based on what I have in my closet now, what do you guys recommend I do to stop my hair from breaking?

There is your problem right there. You have mineral deposits in your hair. You have to use a CHELATING shampoo to get them out.

discodumpling

My rec: Clarify & then DC stat! You can do something simple like a capful of Amla oil mixed with your MNT con...plastic bag and sit under a dryer. If this moisture rich DC doesn't work then get your mud up and henna for a pseudo protein treatment.

Either way you've got tons of options without starting all over again.