Help Me Understand How Caruso Rollers Work

Hi,

I've been trying to get info on Caruso Rollers. On the Sally website it says that they use steam moisture to create the curl. My question is, is that a type of direct heat? Steam is hot. I hope I don't sound stupid, :perplexed but I'm just trying to figure out if Caruso Rollers are or are not a type of direct heat.

Thanks.

Your Cheeziness

I don't know the mechanics of it, but it's basically dampening the hair with steam and setting the curl as it dries. I don't know about the classification of it, but my hair was always moist and bouncy. I never received any damage from it. They create fast styles and freshen up "old hair" without the need for a curling iron or flat iron between washes.

Thanks. I am really interested because I am about to do a no direct heat for the summer challenge, but I'm itching to try the Carusos, so I don't want to break the rules or introduce something that is damaging into my regimen.

IMFOCSD

I love my caruso..the curls are produced by steam and not heat. Nice curls in less than 30 mins. I use the medium size rollers & i love it.

Katt73

I swear by my Caruso's and have been using them for years. I do not consider it direct heat and the steam is good for your hair. My hair is incredibly moist and shiny when done. Just make sure to use end papers to protect your hair from the sponge.

Ok, so it seems like they infuse the hair with moisture, but don't leave heat damage. That sounds good. Do you all think that would be too much moisture overload for the summertime? I live in a place where it is very humid in the summer.

JJamiah

These didn't work for me I bought them twice with two packs of extra jumbo rollers. Came out crappy each time. I tried for about a month each time :nono: no luck for me.

IMFOCSD

Ok, so it seems like they infuse the hair with moisture, but don't leave heat damage. That sounds good. Do you all think that would be too much moisture overload for the summertime? I live in a place where it is very humid in the summer.

I don't think it will be too much moisture....the steam rollers are more of a moisture boost for ur hair. I usually use oil rubbed through my hair prior to using the rollers. Once the rollers are removed leave the hair alone for a few minutes so it can dry because it is possible that the hair will be moist/slighty damp..but then again that all depends on how long u let the rollers absorb the steam.

They are really easy to use & can create many different styles & the directions are simple too.

hth

shunemite

I love LOVE carusos!!! If you ever have problems with frizz just use end papers with them, tip I got from this forum. The steam is not "hot" coz you can put your fingers on the roller and it doesn't burn them. It's a mild heat at best.

I went out and bought some Caruso Rollers after all the great things you ladies said about them. Can you believe that when I went to the ULTA store to find them, I got the last set that they had! It must have been fate or my destiny to buy these things. Lol.

I have played a little with them already. Sorry, no pics, but I can tell that I am gonna love them. The curls were sooooo soft and bouncy, just like everyone said. This will be a huge help on my no heat for the summer plan. Next, I gotta get some end papers to see how that helps out the curls.

kandake

I went out and bought some Caruso Rollers after all the great things you ladies said about them. Can you believe that when I went to the ULTA store to find them, I got the last set that they had! It must have been fate or my destiny to buy these things. Lol.

I have played a little with them already. Sorry, no pics, but I can tell that I am gonna love them. The curls were sooooo soft and bouncy, just like everyone said. This will be a huge help on my no heat for the summer plan. Next, I gotta get some end papers to see how that helps out the curls.

End papers also protect your hair. You don't want the sponge to pull your hair out.

Glad you like them. I loved them when I was relaxed.

Diva_Esq

I love my caruso..the curls are produced by steam and not heat. Nice curls in less than 30 mins. I use the medium size rollers & i love it.

I'm scared it'll cause my hair to revert b/c of the steam. Once straightened, my hair would easily revert to wave, curl or worse, might frizz. I bought a set, but haven't used them and was thinking of putting them in my garage sale.

Anyone??

girlfromipanema

Agree with above.. I LOVED my carusos... Only now I am in the midst of a longterm transition (currently 4months post) and the results are just no good.. Thoughts anyone? Are carusos just destined to be one of my faves from relaxed days??

IMFOCSD

I'm scared it'll cause my hair to revert b/c of the steam. Once straightened, my hair would easily revert to wave, curl or worse, might frizz. I bought a set, but haven't used them and was thinking of putting them in my garage sale.

Anyone??

A garage sale huh....too bad i don't live near you lol. I would love a second set.

PPGbubbles

I love them! and they produce a lasting curl.

I used them on super straight hair and kinky striaght hair (streched by blowdryer or braid)

Now I want to try them post rollerset. I think it would be great!