HELP!!!!!!!! I NEED TO THICKEN MY HAIR

Britt

I notice that many people on this board with relaxed hair has thick hair, but the thing is, when u look at their pictures their hair was not as thick to start out with. It seems as if the hair grows "thicker" as it grows longer. I am NOT talking about at the root cause that part of the hair will always be thick. I dont understand, my hair is not breaking, but as it is growing, i notice that the consistency throughout the hair is not the same. The body of the hair is not as thick as the middle. I naturally have thick soft 4a hair and I have cut my hair tons of times, I want to grow my hair long but i do not want it to grow thin.
Has anyone here ever tried Nexxus' biotin line to make hair thicker????????? I need help.

Thanks,
Brittny

Brownie

[ QUOTE ]
I notice that many people on this board with relaxed hair has thick hair, but the thing is, when u look at their pictures their hair was not as thick to start out with. It seems as if the hair grows "thicker" as it grows longer. I am NOT talking about at the root cause that part of the hair will always be thick. I dont understand, my hair is not breaking, but as it is growing, i notice that the consistency throughout the hair is not the same. The body of the hair is not as thick as the middle. I naturally have thick soft 4a hair and I have cut my hair tons of times, I want to grow my hair long but i do not want it to grow thin.
Has anyone here ever tried Nexxus' biotin line to make hair thicker????????? I need help.

Thanks,
Brittny

[/ QUOTE ]

I know some people are taking the vitamin B-5 to thicken their hair. If you do a search, there are many posts on the vitamin. Just make sure you keep your hair moisturized and in protective styles and lay off the heat (which should reduce breakage), and if you do all that, your hair should look and be thicker. Also, I'd like to add, avoid overprocessing your hair and if you use a super or regular relaxer, maybe try a mild. Good luck.

Britt

Thanks Brownie,
I use no heat and I relax every months. I guess I have to just hang in there

butterscotch

Britt,

It's not that the hair grows thicker as it gets longer, it's just the trims one gets that keeps the hair looking healthy and fuller. Split ends=thin frazzled hair if you do not cut them, so think about getting trims every 7 weeks - depending on the condition of your hair. I don't suffer from split ends very much, and my hair is 16 inches long, so I get a trim every 14 weeks.

In the meantime, if you want to create the appearance of thick hair, or if you want added fullness, I would suggest using Nexxus Diametress shampoo and Nexxus Headdress leave-in conditioner. It's worked for me time and time again. You're already using Nexxus Biotin, so maybe the combination of these three products will give you the results you are looking for.

brenda55

hello again everyone
I have jherri rheeding curl released on my hair, i stopped using relaxers, and my hair is thicker becasue my natural curl is not all straightened.. i find relaxers take all the curl out and break my hair.

Integrity

britt if you are abousing heat your hair will thin out over time. if this is your problem no amount of vitamins will thicken it. stop HEAT STYLING and use twist outs, roller setting and airdrying for months on end and see if you observe any difference.

cutebajangirl

I have naturally dry hair so volumizing shampoos (diametress etc) are a no-no for me. I think that using a mild relaxer over regular can make a big difference in the thickness of you're hair as you grow longer.

Britt

Well, I just got fed up with it and today I went for a BIG chop at the hairdresser. My hair was about 2 inches past my shoulders and now it is between my lip and chin and it loos very very very healthy.
This is shortest my hair has ever been, (its really a short cut) hopefully this time around the front will grow in thicker. I know that it is thinner b/c of the streaks I had in the front of my hair from last summer.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
britt if you are abousing heat your hair will thin out over time. if this is your problem no amount of vitamins will thicken it. stop HEAT STYLING and use twist outs, roller setting and airdrying for months on end and see if you observe any difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Britt,
I was just gonna add my lil 2 cents... I totally agree with Pandora's quote above.
Now that u've had the big chop, just look at this as a "fresh start"... make sure to give a lot of TLC to those precious ends so that they remain as thick & healthy as they r right now